Natural Induction techniques...

iVillage Member
Natural Induction techniques...
Thu, 07-28-2011 - 9:56pm

I know none of us are term yet, but I was wondering what have you tried before for natural induction techniques?

I didnt do anything when I was pregnant with my son, but with DD,

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-28-2011 - 11:45pm

Actually I did castor oil with my first son because I was just so over bein pregnant..and I had him less than 12 hrs later..LOL..Sometimes it works..sometimes it doesnt..My sister tried Raspberry leaf tea and it did nothing for her..This little one Im leaving alone because I know she won't make it to her due date anyway..LOL

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-29-2011 - 9:21am
With my ds, I tried walking up and down stairs, mall walking, sex, nipple stimulation, and even begging and pleading with him, but he didn't want to budge. I'm sure when I get to 38 weeks - I'll be ansy and start trying some things.
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-29-2011 - 9:43am

For my DD I did LOTS of walking, sex, pedicure, and a little castor oil (which was just plain awful and will never do again!). It was the sex that actually triggered labor, just afterwards.

Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-29-2011 - 11:24am
I've never tried anything. I personally don't believe that anything will make baby come faster than they want to barring medical intervention (just my opinion!). I've heard walking and sex are good options though.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-29-2011 - 11:28am

I tried the walking, squats, sex, nipple stim.All are good things to do, but not sure they did anything for me! Especially since I was induced the 2nd time.

Also tried the raspberry tea, but not crazy religious about it. I know some people who swear by EPO though.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-29-2011 - 12:20pm

It was my understanding that raspberry leaf tea isn't supposed to induce labor as such. What it apparently *can* do, is make the second stage of labor (i.e.., pushing) more effective as it tones the uterus. I had a short labor and a short second stage for a FTM last time so my M/W has suggested that RRLT is something that might actually work quite effectively on my body and has therefore advised me to hold off taking it until 36 weeks.

Last time we tried sex, spicy food and walking once I was full term. I went into labor at 39 weeks but who knows if I would have done anyway?

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-29-2011 - 8:34pm

Yea, I was told that RRLT was only used for toning the uterus and helping with the 2nd stage of labor.

I also agree that nothing is really going to work unless your body and baby are ready! I can honestly say, I've never resorted to sex at the end tho! At that point I'm so miserable and huge that it just aint happening!

I have a cousin that swears by eggplant parm!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-30-2011 - 1:43am
First.... what is EPO????

With my first I think I only tried walking. It worked. I think. I was dialated to 3 for a couple of weeks and on my due date DH and I went walking around Target and oh man it was painful! Walking was painful, contractions were off and on.... I ended up going to the hospital at about 5am the next morning and having DD at about 7pm that night.

Of course... I also had my membranes stripped that morning so that could have done it! LOL

I don't think any of these methods are going to work really unless baby is ready though :)
- Caroline

* Wife of Eric (July 28, 2007)

* Proud Mommy of Allison Kathleen (April 14, 2007)

* Expecting another BABY GIRL on September 16, 2011

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-30-2011 - 5:56am

EPO = Evening Primrose Oil. You can buy it in capsule form and take it orally from around 34 weeks to help ready your cervix for labor. Once you hit full term, it can be applied directly to the cervix (you insert the capsule vaginally just before you go to bed and it will have dissolved by morning).

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-31-2011 - 8:36pm

Haha!

Pages