Need ideas on how to thank someone

iVillage Member
Need ideas on how to thank someone
Thu, 05-12-2011 - 5:02pm

A woman my DH works with has given us a infant car seat and a bath tub.

~Jenn~

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-12-2011 - 5:37pm

DINNER!! I would either make them dinner or go out for dinner.. Try kid free kind of evening if possiable if not.. then pick somewhere where it fits kids. Maybe just to invite them over and just spend a few hours with them. I would enjoy that if i was in their shoes. and of course mail them a pic of the baby ASAP lol.. just cause noone ever sends anything out now days expect BILLS.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-12-2011 - 7:37pm

Remember she is moving so she won't want anything she has to pack. Cook a meal, gift certficate to something, like eating out, where she is going, or offer to help her pack or clean for the trip (something she might not want help with).

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-12-2011 - 7:42pm

Since she has children, which sounds like she does as she has so much baby stuff to give, then maybe a small activity bag for each child of hers for the trip (if she is moving long distance).

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-12-2011 - 7:54pm

Love the idea to put together little goodie bags for the kids! How about a gift certificate for a restaurant in the neighborhood they're moving to? That first night in a new home nobody wants to cook. Maybe even one for the new place and one for her current neighborhood. If you're friends with her family you could also offer to watch her kids for a few hours to give her a little time to herself/with her hubby to take a break from packing.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-12-2011 - 8:57pm
If I were the one giving the stuff away due to moving, a gift card would probably be ideal because with the stress of moving, who has time to make plans for dinner? This way they can go when they have time.
Or else somewhere like Target would be good as well because EVERYONE could use money for Target LOL

The travel bags for the kids is a good idea as well. Especially if it's a car drive. A plane ride may be another story because of packing stuff on a plane... but if it's a car drive away then something for the car that would probably be good :)
- Caroline

* Wife of Eric (July 28, 2007)

* Proud Mommy of Allison Kathleen (April 14, 2007)

* Expecting another BABY GIRL on September 16, 2011

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-12-2011 - 9:04pm

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas! I love the gift certificates to the restaurants here and to where they are moving!

~Jenn~