Nervous wreck at the moment......

iVillage Member
Nervous wreck at the moment......
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 7:41pm

I got a phone call a few hours ago from my ex's friend that my 16 yr old DD was in a car accident(she lives with my ex). The last update I got is that she is doing ok, but is still undergoing testing. My ex is in Oregon doing his Guard duty so his friend is taking care of everything. I'm stressing out soooooo bad right now. Even if she is ok and just banged up and bruised, there is still more than likely going to be legal ramifications to deal with. My ex's friend told me to stay calm and not to stress out because it's not good for the babies and we don't need something happening to them too. Its just super hard. And my hands are basically tied because they live in a different state. I guess my ex's commander is going to be sending him home so we're waiting to hear when that's going to happen.

Its just such a big mess-I don't even know what to do. Today was going so well for once, things were starting to look up and then I get this dropped in my lap. I wanna cry, I wanna scream. This isn't fun times :-(

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 7:59pm
Omigosh! I'm so sorry! I can't imagine how scary this must be for you! Scratch that - I CAN imagine!!!
I'm glad she appears to be doing ok though!
Have you had a chance to talk to her on the phone yet???

*hugs* Your family is in my thoughts! Keep us posted!
- Caroline

* Wife of Eric (July 28, 2007)

* Proud Mommy of Allison Kathleen (April 14, 2007)

* Expecting another BABY GIRL on September 16, 2011

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 8:14pm

Thank you!!! I did get to talk to her really briefly(not good cell reception in the ER) she sounded ok, she was laughing because my dog decided to go on a barking fit right then. I know they were still going to do alot more xrays, her cat scan came back good. Its just really nerving sitting and waiting for the phone to ring.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 11:03pm
Oh no, I hope everything is okay! Please keep us posted!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 11:12pm

She's back at home-just has some cuts and bruises amd some hefty traffic fines. So now as far as everything else goes(legally) its a wait and see game. DD had gotten into some trouble in the past which is why she is living with her dad, it was a condition of her probation. Soooo....I don't know if this is going to change things for her on that end of it or if she'll continue to get to live with her dad.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 2:34am

(((Hugs))) Glad she is OK. Hope the legal stuff works itself out.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 9:27am

Oh no! I hope she is ok!! Please KUP on how she's doing! Sending lots of P&PT's that everything is ok!

Photobucket