OCD and Insanity! AHHH

iVillage Member
OCD and Insanity! AHHH
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 10:54am

Hey ladies..with Autumns arrival fast approaching I'm starting to have some severe OCD issues..and get this..over silly things like diapers..LOL..I don't know why but Im very hung up on cloth diapers..I purchased some OS pockets awhile back and began trying them on various baby's in the family..and I loved them..but realized they would not fit a newborn so I also bought 2 dozen newborn prefolds that fit up to 10 lbs and 6 covers that will go from 4-15 lbs(they truely will..Ive tried them on my nephew the day he was born) and I love those as well..so I got 2 dozen infant prefolds that will fit up to 16 lbs..The issue Im facing now...What do I use when? I know for a few weeks the only option is the prefolds as the pockets are huge..but after that? I thought maybe using the pockets while I'm out and out because they are more absorbant and easier to change quickly..but how often am I really going to be out of the house? WIth 2 newborns 2 4 yr olds and 2 7 yr olds..not often is my guess..I just feel really unorganized..LOL..I always knew I had a touch of my dads OCD but it just seems silly that its flying into hypermode by diapers..ugh..

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 1:09pm

Speaking as someone who loves CDs, I don't think it's an odd thing to get obsessed with at all! Lots of people who CD get obsessed with their LOs fluffy bums! I have a newborn stash for this LO which consists of newborn sizes in prefolds, pockets and AIOs. We'll see how we get on with those and when s/he grows out of them, decide what we're going to go with to replace them. With DD, we use a mixture of prefolds and pockets. I just tri fold the prefold and put it inside the cover so it isn't any more hassle than changing a pocket when out and about. Plus, the advantage of prefolds for me is that I HATE stuffing pockets. Some people find it therapeutic but I think it's a giant PITA!

I suspect we'll end up using mostly prefolds with this LO too but if pockets/AIOs work better than I'll go with what works!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 1:25pm

Oh, I'm also finding myself to be more OCD as the due date approaches!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 1:52pm

Im going to improvise here..LOL..Im going to try both systems..see if I like them both..if not..I'll sell off the ones I don't care for..Im also wondering if I chould have bought velcro closures instead of snaps for my pocket diapers..I purchased 15 all snaps..and my OS covers are also all snaps..the newborn ones only

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 3:13am

Your DH will soon get the hang of CDs -it not as if he has to learn how to fold and pin them like back in the day! I showed my DH how to do it once with DD and he had it down.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 10:28am

I was actually dead set against prefolds until I discovered the snappi..LOL..but now think the prefolds are going to be my favorite..Theyre actually a bit trimmer than my pockets although I know they don't have the wicking properties that the fleece lined pockets do..but I remedied that and bought a few dozen fleece liners..I think my husbands still kind of in shock that we're having another baby and that she'll be here very very soon..Its just interesting how us mama's spend nine months preparing for little one..and dad doesnt really think about it until last second..

BabyFruit Ticker