So who would you put in a room together?

iVillage Member
So who would you put in a room together?
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 5:43pm

DH and I need to make a decision about who we're going to put in a room together.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 6:02pm

Im in the same boat..Im putting my 6 and a half yr old and my four and a half yr old together and baby girl gets her own room..The first several weeks she'll be in our room but after that..The reason I came to this arrangement is because if the baby should cry at night(most babies do) she won't wake up one of her brothers..and also you may have an issue with your 4 yr old crawling into the crib with the baby..I know it sounds weird but ive had it happen a few times in the past...Maybe theres something going on with the girls now that can be resolved by sept..Good luck and KUP..

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 7:51pm
I saw talk to the girls and see what they think. At some point they will have to share right? i would get them used to it while they are young, its all part of being sisters they will learn to deal with each other sometime lol it will make for lasting memories at least....
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 8:59pm
I agree with pp and talk with the girls. We are going to have little man sleep in our room (in a pack n play) until he starts to crawl out. Then he is going to share a room (bunk beds) with DS. DD is the only girl and will room her own room.
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 3:01pm

I'd put the 4 and 7 yr old in the same room. I know PPs said to ask the girls, but that could be dangerous--what if they want different things? Then did one girl's wish get ignored? What if they both want the share a room with the baby? Who get's their wish?

I say put the 2 girls in a room together, and make sure they realize they will need to make it work! And then you may still have a place where you can go with just the baby! That'd be nice too.

My experience is a little different--I recently moved my 18mo old in with my 4yr old. It's been a bit of a transition (tired kids cause they stay up too late giggling) but all in all successful. There is bickering, but the reality is they're siblings. No matter what, they'll be bickering, right?!

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 3:32pm

I say put the girls in a room together and give the baby his own room. I agree that there is going to be bickering no matter what, so while it may solve your problem for a little while separating them, in the long run the bickering is still going to be there.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 11:05pm

I'd put the 4 and 7 year old together and the baby in his own room until he's a little older/sleeping through the night.

My kids don't have a choice.