Trip to labor and delivery..UGH..Here we go again..

iVillage Member
Trip to labor and delivery..UGH..Here we go again..
Mon, 08-08-2011 - 1:01pm

Ok..so I know I posted before that i seem to have a bionic UTI going on..and guess what..its still not cured..Ive been on 2 rounds on antibiotics now but finally the pain got so bad I had to go in last night and get checked out..Well we found out a bunch of things..The reason Im in so much pain is that my bladder was completely full and I was not able to empty it..So I had to have a catheter..and also..The ureter on the right side is essentially swollen shut..Also because Ive had this infection so long my blood pressure was up considerably...I am also somehow severely dehydrated..So I got 2 Bags of fluids..Im now on weekly appts with a full blood work up and NST at every appt..The docs thinking early delivery is inevitable at this point but wants to get me to 35 week and on meds to mature her lungs..Not exactly a good situation but better than something happening to one of us because of these infections..I'll keep everyone updated on whats going on as I find out.

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Well jeez. That sounds like a lot going wrong and causing you a ton of pain. So sorry to hear that. I really hope things get better and you start feeling better soon. Definitely keep us updated.
iVillage Member

I hope for a speedy recovery for you!

~Jenn~

iVillage Member

That's horrible!! I hope you have a speedy recovery and you get the shots for babygirl's lungs!! KUP!

Photobucket