What are your biggest...

iVillage Member
What are your biggest...
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 2:29pm

fears about labor? (besides something happening to you or baby!)

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 2:34pm

Not sure what my biggest fear is, but I have a few different ones!

#1- I'm scared of not making it to the hospital since I have fairly quick labors!

#2- I'm worried I'll need an emergency c/s and not be able to get a spinal!

#3- I'm freaked out about a shoulder dystocia! Altho, I know it'll be highly unlikely since we may not make it to term, it still scares the crap out of me!

#4- Puking during labor!! I HATE HATE HATE to throw up

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 2:50pm
The unknown. As a FTM I have no clue at all what to expect!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 2:54pm

Honestly..if little chickadee does turn around head down(getting more unlikely by the week) I really do worry about the pain..and not making it to the hospital..I ended up giving birth to my son at the reception desk in the hallway outside labor and delivery because they didnt think I was as far along as I was..I was in labor less than two hrs beginning to end and never had to push..he just kinda slid out on his own...I think the pain is higher up on my list though..I have a hollow spot in my spine and I have horrible back labor as such..My last labor was excruciating even though it was so short..I screamed bloody murder the whole time and made a complete joke out of myself..and Im also worried that if I do have to have a csection..Honestly the epidural scares me to death..I don't mind needles but again with the weak spot in my spine I imagine the pain can be pretty bad..Im starting to freak myself out just thinking about it..LOL..time for some tea!

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 3:15pm
really worried that i'll have to be induced again and how painful that labor was for me. i'd love to actually go into labor on my own, what a novel concept
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 3:38pm

I guess I'm a little concerned I won't be able to take the pain this time. I had an unmedicated birth with DD and really want another this time. Last time, I coped with the contractions really well and actually couldn't believe the whole thing wasn't worse. But I have moments when I think, what if I just got lucky with DD? So that would be my main fear I think. I'd also be really disappointed if my M/W advised against a homebirth because my iron levels continue to be low.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 3:43pm
jessy_ree wrote:

Honestly..if little chickadee does turn around head down(getting more unlikely by the week)

Your LO still has plenty of time to get head down! My baby was breech until this week (I'm 33w) when my M/W was able to confirm that s/he had turned around. There's a good website called Spinning Babies: http://www.spinningbabies.com/ that details some exercises you can do to encourage LO to get in a good position.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 4:23pm

The biggest fear is one I really shouldn't have.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 7:04pm

That man better answer his phone!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 7:14pm
That I won't be able to handle the pain That I will end up with a c-section That I will not make it there in time, because I am trying to stay at home until I have to leave. As a side note on how I "fixed" the problem of my DH not answering my phone calls. He was at a conference and went out with some friends and would not answer my calls, so the next day I unplugged my phone turned off my cell and took the kids out to breakfast. I think afterwards we went shopping. He kept calling and got no answer so he freaked out. He was supposed to get a flight home that night and ended up waiting in the airport most of the morning, because I don't ever not answer the phone. He thought something was terribly wrong and his hung over butt hightailed to the airport! He was so scared that something happened he vowed to NEVER do that again! He remembers how he felt! Maybe just give your DH a little of his own medicine, sometimes its good for them, lol :) HTH!!!

~Jenn~

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 7:27pm
Oh most everything. I do not labor well, I had a panic attack last time. I try not to think about it. My worst fear is not making it to the hospital, I want to be at the hospital, after that I am a bit calmer. Then it's just the normal, hoping we come out of it healthy and safe.

Photobucket

Pages