What a bad day!

iVillage Member
What a bad day!
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 1:57pm

1- I wrote a blog post today on an attempted date rape incident when I was 20. I got a weirdo comment about how if I obviously wasn't mature enough to mix in society by myself and needed to be coddled by my parents and have a chaperone when I was dating. Seriously?! i never respond to messed-up comments like that, but I was already in a mood, so I did. And it just ended up going back and forth and he was blatantly victim-blaming, so women who couldnt hold their own shouldnt be allowed out, basically. i got pissed.

2 - Then, a co-worker ask me to reivew and edit her work. I found that a substantial portion had just been lifted from a previous proposal i wrote. The small section in her words was, well, awful. So, i re-did the whole thing then marked in yellow where she needed to fill in some gaps in the detail that I didn't have. So, at that point, I had written EVERY words. And the document had gone from a page and a half to five pages. She then, just forwarded to our Vice President, thanking me for my "assistance and expertise" in highlighting some faulty areas that needed more attention. Seriously!? I know none of my work in proprietary, but really?! Every single word was mine. She stole my work! And I get credit for highlighting? WTH! She didn't even attempt to fill in the highlighted areas that needed detail, just forwarded it right on as in. Jeez!

3- I want chocolate peanut butter frozen custard NOW! I'm so nauseous. I don't want lunch, but darnit - i was frozen custard. I was going to go with a coworker, but she is no where to be found!

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 2:28pm

Sorry your having such a rough day! I hope it starts to get better for you!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 3:01pm
I did just get out of the office and get a large frozen custard on my own. Delicious! And I found those Russel Stover's raspberry whip eggs at CVS for only nine cents each. And, another reader finally spoke up and said a big WTF?! to the person causing trouble on my blog, so the day is looking up kinda. Now to pay some bills and get some more work done... atleast the work day is moving by pretty quickly. Thanks, Kate.
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 3:14pm
And, I forgot to add. I pulled a chest muscle... i think bc my boobs have gotten so ridiculously big that they have a mind of their own trying to pop right out of my shirts and dresses. It's horrible!
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 7:58pm

I hope you never help that coworker again. And if she brings you a paper to check over, and it is mostly yours, point that out to her. Did you know people get paid good money these days to write papers for other people?