Would this tick you off?

iVillage Member
Would this tick you off?
Thu, 07-07-2011 - 3:14pm

Okay--you guys know about the problems I've been having with PTL symptoms.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2011 - 4:22pm
I honestly would say let the housework and outside work go. Keeping that little one cooking as long as possible is the most important thing. I know how frustrating it is but maybe once it becomes a complete mess dh will realize he has to step it up. Good luck (hugs)
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2011 - 4:55pm
Yes, I would be ticked off. Your MIL needs to learn her place and it is no wonder that her son isn't pulling his weight when mummy lets him slide. My mom is always telling me that I shouldn't expect my husband to pitch in because I'm a SAHM (I hope she has enough sense that if I was supposed to be taking it easy for baby's sake that she would keep her mouth shut, but probably not)...I remind her quite often that while she may have been a young woman with no career and no education when she got married, I wasn't...and I expect to be treated as more than a maid.
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2011 - 9:06pm

Yep, I totally could've written your post almost verbatim, minus the MIL comment! I got all kinds of crap tonight bc I needed DH to go to the grocery store and OMG it's the end of the flippin world! But we needed milk and a few essentials so he had to tough it out! He just wants to park his ass in front of the tv when he gets home and not do anything! Like tonight he got home early and the first thing he says is when are you making dinner? Really?!

Anyways, I hope for both of our sakes that our DH's get their crap in gear and start pitching in!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 12:31am
UGH! Men! Or should I say BOYS???

I'd be pissed too. Already as it is, my DH spends the entire day playing his stupid XBOX (I should NOT have let him buy that stupid thing for his birthday present!!!) and ignoring me and DD. When I was working I'd ask him to do something simple like "Can you just load the dishwasher and run it? I'll unload it when I get home from work." And NOPE not done. I'll see he maybe put 3 plates in and left the rest.
He sleeps until noon, which I get somedays, because he sometimes works REALLY late. BUT I know for a fact that unless I'm up when he gets home and I tell him to go to bed, what's he going to do? Stay up an extra 3 hours to play his stupid XBOX! (And before the XBOX the issue was World of Warcraft - and I get the addiction because I used to be addicted too, but then I had a kid and GREW UP!)

Get this, we've got carpet on hold for us to be installed, but we need to get the baseboards up in DD's room and a few places in the living room/hallway. FIL told me that DH's grandpa has a nail gun we can use. Awesome! So I've been asking DH to call his grandfather for the past WEEK to see if he can borrow it. And his excuse for not doing it? "Well, my grandma just got out of the hospital and I don't want to bug them. We didn't even visit her in the hospital." I was like are you KIDDING me???? A. Nobody even TOLD me she was in the hospital, I found out when she got home!!! and B. She's been home for a couple of weeks now, we can stop by, give her a card, and pick up the damn nail gun. Ugh!!! It's not like we're asking his grandparents to USE the nail gun!

Sorry to hijack your post here. But I feel you.
I don't have the MIL comments, but I have the lazy DH!!!!!
- Caroline

* Wife of Eric (July 28, 2007)

* Proud Mommy of Allison Kathleen (April 14, 2007)

* Expecting another BABY GIRL on September 16, 2011

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 5:50am

AAAARGH!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 7:53am

I'd be more annoyed at my MIL than my DH in this situation. I may not like it, but I accept that my DH probably offloads to his mother about me on occasion - I certainly complain to my Mum about DH on a semi regular basis! However, I would NEVER expect either my Mum or my MIL to 1) repeat what had been said or 2) to even hold it against either one of us since much of my complaining at least is said in the heat of the moment and not really an accurate reflection of our lives together.

It sounds like your DH probably should do more around the house, but that's really a separate issue from your MIL interfering if you see what I mean?