I have been breast feeding for 1.5
Sounds like it may be another allergic problem. Make sure you aren't allergic to anything in gel pads you are using. Have you changed detergents or anything else that is touching your breasts?
I remember working with a woman who got poison ivy on her breasts after she was working in the garden.
It's also possible you are reacting to food residue in your toddler's mouth. If you think that's the case have the toddler drink some water after eating and/or rinse your nipples with water after breastfeeding.
If it doesn't get better you may need to see a dermatologist.
Doesn't sound like yeast if there is no pain.
Hope you feel better soon.
Warmly, Kathy Kuhn
ivillage lactation consultant
and Grammy to Brennan, Elias, Elianna, Tahlia, and Makenna
Mandesa, "I'm made in God's image and that makes me a beauty queen"
Kathy Kuhn IBCLC ivillage lactation consultant Grammy to Brennan, Elias, Elianna, Tahlia, Makenna, Maura, Silas, and Charlotte