OK, so I weaned and doing great, FINALLY

iVillage Member
OK, so I weaned and doing great, FINALLY
Sat, 04-09-2005 - 7:34pm

I still have 2 issues. I leak a lot. And WOW are my breast super tender! How long will this last?? I stopped pumping all together 3 weeks. HAD some real hard times up until this week and now feel empty. NO plugged ducts anymore and can actually sleep on my belly again..YIPPIE!!! LoL BUT, if bryce lays on my chest, any pressure at all, I leak. AND still very tender.

Thanks,
Reeni

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2005 - 6:59am

Congrats on weaning!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2005 - 10:03am

Congratulations on weaning.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Lilypie Baby Ticker

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2005 - 10:29am

I did use the cabbage leaves and YES they really do work!! Here is a post I did on my playgroup...

Just a little FYI I've learned from weaning

The Don'ts

~ Don't massage breast---this will stimulate the breast and make your body want to produce milk

~ Don't take hot showers, again it stimulates the breast

The Do's

~if you need some relief with pain in the beginning, then do Breastfeed your baby or pump for only a short time. Only to relive the pain and only for the first few days

~Wear a very tight bra with LOTS of support

~Use ICE packs for engorgement

~Do try cabbage, it worked wonders for me!

~Take one sudefed a day for 5 days

when you decide to wean from the pump (IM guessing it's same from the breast) lower your pumping times each time. Don't try to stop cold turkey! Im telling you all this because I did everything WRONG and ended up with 3 weeks of PAIN and matistis...OUCH! Once I did the DO'S IM empty and feel great after 3 short days..=)

GL
Reeni and Bryce
~Proud that I pumped for 6 months for my littleman AND have 2 months saved in the freezer..=)

Photobucket