Wed, 01-02-2013 - 10:53am

DYK...

I miss our chat thread?

I thought I'd start it up again.  :)

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 4:07pm

melissamc wrote:
I'm glad Larry's going to do it with you, I bet that will help keep you motivated, especially if you are doing better than he is!

I hope he sticks with it!  He actually weighed in over the weekend for a local weight loss challenge.  He's been doing great so far! 

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 4:10pm

melissamc wrote:
I think that has it's pros and cons. I would like having a husband free Saturday sometimes, but not sure I'd want him home every Monday ;) It could come in handy with Landon though.

You'd think it would be nice.  You'd be wrong? ;)  He sleeps in until 9 or 10 and by then all the kids are at school.  Oh well, at least he runs all my errands I send him on!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 4:17pm

melissamc wrote:
What class do you have this semester? How many more do you have to go?

This semester I'm taking Educational & Assistive Technology and Cultural Diversity in school.

I have no clue how many more classes I need to take (how bad is that?).  I know it will still take me about 2-3 years while I'm only taking two classes at a time. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 4:21pm

melissamc wrote:
I'm so frustrated with Devin, I don't think he's ever going to "get it" when it comes to school. We are yet again fighting the end of the semester deadlines to bring up his grades and hoping that the next semester will be better. Sigh...I'm about exhausted out with his schooling. I keep thinking I need to pull him out and put him in the virtual acadamy so he can sit with me all day long and I can ride his butt. Just what I want to do with my life...

Ugh!  How frustrating, Melissa.  It is so hard when they don't have motivation.  I wish there was an easy answer or some way to get them to just get it.  Hang in there!  (and the virtual academy doesn't sound fun at all!)

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 4:23pm
That seems like a lot to go, but you'll be in good shape for a career change if you wanted since Landon will be in school full time by then.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 4:24pm

boysmom9698 wrote:
<p>DYK...</p><p>...I think it will help that larry is on board?</p><p>...I've been doing much better since Patrick started WW also?</p><p>...though it's really annoying how many more points he gets than I do?</p>

I didn't know that Patrick started WW?  That's great!  I'm sure it helps to have someone at home on board with the plan?

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 4:25pm
Thanks for the info Laura, I'll keep that in mind. So far we've adjusted his 504 plan so that his teachers will have to sign off on a daily planner. I'm hoping that will be what he needs to keep on top of everything, he also has gym this semester so that's one less class with assignments. I very grateful that the twins are getting the hang of it and Sean is always organized, I couldn't take much more of this ;)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 4:26pm

boysmom9698 wrote:
<p>DYK...</p><p>...I'm also finding the deals are not as good as they used to be?</p><p>...I've been getting back into it this month, but it's really hard to find the time to do it all?</p>

The deals have been few and far between lately?

and the time thing... yeah.

I clipped everything yesterday, made my grocery list, went shopping... it took most of my Sunday?

sigh?  not sure it is worth it!

iVillage Member
In reply to: melissamc
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 4:27pm
The boys are all home today, day off for the semester break. I've really enjoyed the no school work weekend, it's been a rough couple of weeks.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 4:29pm
Took Sean and Matthew to the Nike outlet yesterday, I had a $25 off coupon that we put to good use. Ended up with 5 pairs of athletic pants, 3 t-shirts, 4 pairs of shorts and a zip up hoodie for $130! They didn't have any baseball cleats in yet, but oh well, still got some good deals.

Photobucket

Pages