2013 DYK
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 10:53am

DYK...

I miss our chat thread?

I thought I'd start it up again.  :)

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 3:46pm
I think I have hoarding tendencies, lol. I stocked up on baking supplies during all the Christmas specials. I made chocolate Reeses bits cookies yesterday, they have really helped my mood today!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: melissamc
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 3:48pm
I've made a huge decision... I'm letting my bangs grow out! I tried it once in my early 20s, but it just didn't work. It looks much better with my current haircut. I'm tired of my bangs in my eyes and them growing out so fast. Now I just need to decide if I have enough courage to color my hair myself or go pay the money for highlights.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: boysmom9698
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 6:54am

DYK...

...yes, I still work for our school district?

...I'm also working for another district and for Early Intervention?

...it's definitely a lot of running around?

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 6:56am

DYK...

...I'm really crabby when I don't have my evenings free?

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 6:58am

DYK...

...I know what you mean about the bangs in the eyes?

...when I had bangs I always let them get too long, then I would end up trimming them myself and it was all a big mess?

...I'm much better off without them?

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 2:31pm
That's good to hear that you are better off without your bangs. I'm not able to trim my own either that well, and won't miss trying to do it. Another change I made a couple of months ago was only washing my hair every other day. I'm really loving it, because that's less time I have to spend in the bathroom getting ready. It's also nice to not go through product as fast.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 1:40pm

melissamc wrote:
That would be tough to find a good match up in your class. They are probably flexible though schedule wise!

I found a partner.  She's 18 and lives in the dorms.

yeah... I feel old.  ;)

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 1:42pm

melissamc wrote:
I think I have hoarding tendencies, lol. I stocked up on baking supplies during all the Christmas specials. I made chocolate Reeses bits cookies yesterday, they have really helped my mood today!

It is good to stock up while everything is on sale!

I've gone a little overboard with canned goods lately.  Thankfully those will fine for a long while.

those cookies sound so good!

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 1:44pm

melissamc wrote:
I've made a huge decision... I'm letting my bangs grow out! I tried it once in my early 20s, but it just didn't work. It looks much better with my current haircut. I'm tired of my bangs in my eyes and them growing out so fast. Now I just need to decide if I have enough courage to color my hair myself or go pay the money for highlights.

bangs can drive you crazy for sure.  I just take scissors to mine when I've had enough (which is going to happen VERY soon!).

I'm coloring my hair at this very moment.  You can do it!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 1:45pm

melissamc wrote:
That's good to hear that you are better off without your bangs. I'm not able to trim my own either that well, and won't miss trying to do it. Another change I made a couple of months ago was only washing my hair every other day. I'm really loving it, because that's less time I have to spend in the bathroom getting ready. It's also nice to not go through product as fast.

I wash every other day too?

it is nice to have the extra time?

and I swear that my hair is more well-behaved on that second day?

Pages