We Love, You Need: The Best Baby Carriers of 2011

iVillage Member
We Love, You Need: The Best Baby Carriers of 2011
Thu, 04-14-2011 - 10:27am

What do you think? Would these fall under your favorites too?

http://www.ivillage.com/best-baby-carriers-2011/6-b-339919

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-14-2011 - 3:10pm
Uhh, that piggy back one for bigger kids is... interesting. Not sure how I feel about it. I would think a soft structured carrier would work just as well, if not better.

And as far as I'm concerned, Bjorn shouldn't be on the list at all. They're so uncomfortable.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-15-2011 - 12:10pm
I'm with you Julianna, no shock ;) that piggyback thing, I don't get it, so the kid just stands in the stirups and hangs on for dear life? SSC here for back carriers OR structured, aside from the kokopax, there aren't any of the bigger structured carriers and they're FANTASTIC! too funny ours is named the REI Piggyback, but it's far from the one mentioned here.

I don't quite get the first one either tho, is it super stretchy like the regular k'tan? because if it is, that 35 pounder would be on the ground in a heartbeat! and I totally agree about the bjorns, UGH! I cringe when I hear friends refer to them or see them using them and think, for the same price, you could have had a REAL carrier! I'm not a snob about a lot of things, but I AM a total carrier snob :D and PROUD of it!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-27-2011 - 12:37pm
I can't believe the Bjorn is listed. Someone asked me about carriers recently, she said "well the Bjorn is so expensive it HAS to be good"! Ugh. I'm sure she probably bought one anyway even though I educated her.