December 18th is...
Find a Conversation
|Sun, 12-19-2010 - 2:56pm|
December 18th is...
Wear A Plunger On Your Head Day
- if you’ve ever thought to yourself, "I wish there was a day that I could wear a plunger on my head and not get made fun of," then you’re obviously a weirdo… but today your wish will come true. You will still get made fun of, because c’mon, you’re wearing a plunger on your head, but at least you will have an excuse.
National Roast Suckling Pig Day
- is a mid-December day enjoy and remember. While everyone is running around, frantically preparing for the holidays, mom or grandma is busy in the kitchen. She has taken a break from the hubbub to cook a fancy meal.... a roasted suckling pig. As you read this, how many of you thought to yourselves.... "Yeah, right... fat chance that will happen."
Bake Cookies Day
- Bake Cookies Day comes at an opportune time. It right amidst the major December holidays. It serves as a reminder to bake holiday cookies, if you haven't done so already. Young and old celebrate this day by baking their favorite cookies. Make a party of it, and bake cookies in groups with family, friends, kids and grandkids.
Flake Appreciation Day
- a fun day created to encourage us to take notice of snow flakes and to be mesmerized by each icy one that falls.
International Migrants Day
- Recognizes the contributions that millions of migrant workers make to the global economy and seeks to draw attention to the precarious state of their rights.
Find a Friend, Be a Friend Day
- Sometimes you wonder where are all your friends when you need them? Or, maybe, you have focused on your business or career and have few friends that you could find. You possibly also give all of yourself to your spouse and family leaving little time for friends. Well, if you would like more friends you can count on, you must be a friend first.
Mother Goose Day
- Thomas Fleet of Boston, Massachusetts, published his mother-in-law's tales in the book, Mother Goose in 1719.
Play Bingo Day
- This game was invented in 1929 by Edwin S. Lowe. It has become a five-billion-dollar-a- year charitable fund raiser - plus given a lot of people hours of fun.