April DYK - It's SPRING!!
Tue, 04-01-2014 - 9:33pm

Yay for Spring!

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Pages

Community Leader
Tue, 04-01-2014 - 9:40pm
So I did the obligatory running around, getting Gabe's vaccinations and health record updated, getting his birth certificate, filling out the YMCA paperwork so he was guaranteed a spot in the Early Bird Kindergarten class...and I can't get into the web portal to fill out the final online portion! So frustrating. I think there is a glitch because I already have a login for Addison. I can log in for her, but it won't let me get in to register a new student. Hoping the webmaster responds quickly. We should get an Early Bird spot because we have him enrolled in the YMCA, but I'd like the peace of mind in knowing it is settled. With Addison, I was sweating it. We were like #97 on a list of 120 kids. LOL

Michelle

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2014 - 10:22pm
I totally forgot that we needed to start a new thread!
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2014 - 10:26pm
I am so happy! I couldn't put my dad on our hotel reservation due to the FL resident deal I got. When I booked the reservation they said we would have to wait until I got there to add him, which meant that I couldn't set any fast passes for him. Well starting yesterday they will anyone with a park pass set fast passes up with in 30 days of being at the park. So I called tonight and they got his ticket set up with the same fast passes as ours. And I am such a nerd, I was on hold for a long time and they were playing songs from around the park at I got so excited about our trip.
Community Leader
Wed, 04-02-2014 - 11:53am
I don't understand what you mean about the fast passes! You can get them in advance? At DL...you have to wait in line for each individual fast pass. For the main Carsland ride at California Adventure, they give them all away for the day usually within 20 minutes of the park opening.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2014 - 4:48pm

At DW you now get a MagicBand if you are staying on property, they mail them to you as soon as you set your reservation.   180 days before your trip, you go on line and set up all of your fast passes and reservations and it gets linked to your band, which is also your room key, your park pass, your photo pass and you can hook up a credit/debit card to pay for things in the park.  There are no more paper fast passes at any of their parks.  And now they are letting people staying off property get the bands for $13 and they can set fast passes too but you have to wait utnil 30 days before your trip.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2014 - 5:42pm

Those bands sound so cool. I don't think they are doing them at DL yet. That's great that they were able to get your dad setup.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2014 - 5:56pm
I was so happy to have everything all set. I didn't make any dining reservations the days we are in the park so we can just play it by ear. I don't want to be too tied to a schedule beyond our fast passes.
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2014 - 6:04pm
I heard that it cost Disney 2 billion dollars to roll out the fastpass system, including adding wifi to the entire area so guests can use the on line part of it at all times.
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2014 - 9:06pm
The magic bands sound awesome!! I bet it did cost disney that much to install the system. Glad you were able to set everything up.
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2014 - 9:09pm
Ugh...I'm so busy this week. Monday started out crazy because Natalie had her physical and then we had a freak snow storm. We only got like 3 inches but it was unexpected so there were no plows out. It took me an hour to get Natalie to school and its usually a 15 minute ride. So I was behind the whole day and then had a new patient who needed to be seen. I'm trying to stay on top of my charting because I'm working at my per diem job this weekend and will have all that paperwork to do. And Camryn starts softball and has practice friday, saturday and sunday!! We have a few other things going on too, like Camryn's PSA assembly and yoga on saturday at the library. Luckily my friend is helping out and will bring the girls there.

Pages