April DYK - It's SPRING!!
Tue, 04-01-2014 - 9:33pm

Yay for Spring!

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Pages

Community Leader
Thu, 04-10-2014 - 5:19pm
Ugh - I am ready to kill DH. He told me to schedule Gabe's dentist appt for this morning but then he said last night, "you know I have meetings every Thursday morning!" So I had to take him (as usual). I wanted him to take him this time to 1) share the burden and 2) hope that Gabe would be a little more cooperative with him there. Well it was awful. I think he was still scarred from last time (doc tried putting in a filling but didn't think it was a good idea to finish because Gabe was fidgeting too much so he only got it 3/4 drilled and put in a temporary filling). This time was much much worse. Tried nitrous, tried oral sedation, and I still had to lay on top of him to hold down his arms and legs. He ended up needing a root canal and a crown! So on top of all this, I'm getting the carpets cleaned today and I have two days to get ready for one of my 2 biggest meetings of the year (leaving for Florida at 5 a.m. Saturday). I have Gabe home with me due to the sedation, but at least he is being mellow. On top of all of that...our tenants only paid a little over half the rent last month and nothing this month, so he wants me to email the attorney about evicting them. Ummm...no...why the frack can't you handle it??? Ugh. Oh, and I have to handle tax sh*t today too. Boo-hoo...can't wait until wine-30!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2014 - 8:54pm
Oh M, I am so sorry you are so stressed out. Why didn't the meds work for Gabe? And why does G have is head up his a$$ again.
Community Leader
Fri, 04-11-2014 - 3:59pm
The dentist said they work different...some kids it kicks in right away and really mellows them out, and with others (Gabe) it's a more subtle but longer-lasting effect. Kind of like how Benadryl doesn't make all kids sleepy.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2014 - 5:58pm
That makes sense. Taylor had to have an EEG when he was just 2 and the meds to make him sleep wired him and he didn't have the test.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2014 - 5:59pm
Speaking of Tay, he has 2 warts on his hand. I took him to the dr this afternoon and they froze them. He has to go back for another round in 2 weeks. Fun times.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2014 - 6:02pm
My boss is soooooooooooooo stupid! The new kid in my class is eating all kinds of things, like the rug in my room, his crayons, paper, and even his chewy tube. I had talked with his mom one time and my assistant had talked to her twice and mom said she wasn't worried because at home he spits the stuff out that he chews on. Well at school he is digesting it and she won't believe us. I talked to my boss about it yesterday and she said, "Since mom's not worried about it we shouldn't be." Ok, let him eat what ever he wants and when he ends up in the ER and needs a surgery they can sue us.
Community Leader
Fri, 04-11-2014 - 10:42pm
Oh Val...that is absolutely ridiculous! Such is the difference between public school and private school.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-12-2014 - 9:32am
I just keep telling myself that I can work there 1 more year...1 more year...1 more year.
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2014 - 8:10pm
That sounds like such an ordeal Michelle!! Sorry G flaked out again

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2014 - 9:00pm
THere is this Faberge egg hunt in the city. We only just found out about it. We did our neighborhood ones. It was fun llooking for them. ON friday they move them to Rockefeller Center. We willl try to hunt some more before then.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Pages