NY Times PB Fiction Bestsellers 5/18/03

iVillage Member
NY Times PB Fiction Bestsellers 5/18/03
Sun, 05-18-2003 - 8:12pm
The following books are on the New York Times Paperback Fiction Bestsellers List for the week of 5/18/03......have you read any of them?

1. Engaging the Enemy (Nora Roberts)

2. Beach House (James Patterson & Peter DeJonge)

3. The Mulberry Tree (Jude Deveraux)

4. Mortal Prey (John Sandford)

5. Daddy's Little Girl (Mary Higgins Clark)

6. The Secret Life of Bees (Sue Monk Kidd)

7. The Survivor's Club (Lisa Gardner)

8. Force Heretic II: Refugee (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, Book 16) (Sean Williams, Shane Dix)

9. Broken Wings (V.C. Andrews)

10. The Murder Book (Jonathan Kellerman)

11. In this Mountain (Jan Karon)

12. Life of Pi (Yann Martel)

13. Three Fates (Nora Roberts)

14. The Nanny Diaries (Emma McLaughlin)

15. Breathing Room (Susan Elizabeth Phillips)

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 9:39pm
In This Mountain by Jan Karon: Part of the Mitford series. I have enjoyed these books very much. It has been refreshing to read something without sex, violence, and foul language. I'd suggest starting at the beginning of the series and reading through to this book. It's a good read and very enjoyable if you like the Mitford stories. It has Scripture quotes in it and prayer is a part of the lives of the main characters but I don't find it done in an overbearing manner.

Nanny Diaries: Not worth purchasing. Definitely check it out of the library, IMHO. It's a very light read.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-16-2003 - 10:28pm
I finished The Secret Life of Bees yesterday. It was very good. I read it in less than 24 hours! Great characters and a great story, although somewhat sad. Very well written. I would love to read more by this author, I believe this is her first book, but I'm not certan.

Michelle