August UIU signup
Find a Conversation
|Sun, 08-01-2010 - 1:11pm|
Use what up? Why your stash of course! All those lovely embellishments, paper, rub-ons, and chipboard you just HAD to buy! And maybe the stuff hidden in the bag under your car seat, waiting for a moment to be snuck into the house. Yeah, that stuff. Love it? Then USE it - put it on a page and get it in an album! We'll even give you points for using it, and once you have, permission to buy more!
Yes, it is a challenge, and I will be offering a random RAK at the end of the month but remember, this is about you challenging yourself to get pages done, and use all those goodies you love.
Sign up by posting to this thread. Indicate the number of LOs you are going to try to complete this month, as well as the number of points you want to earn. If you have already been challenged to use something on a Make Me Use My Stuff (MMUMS) list, that challenge is still open. Otherwise (or if you want to start fresh), include a 5-item MMUMS list with your goals, and I will pick something for you to use. Keep reading for ground rules, how to score points, and monthly start/end dates.
1) 10 points for each 'item' completed:
1. 1 LO. LO (layout) means a one or two page spread of topic matter, not pages. So you might complete 4 pages, but only 2 LO's.
2. 2 cards
3. 1 altered/embellished project, such as a clipboard, lunch tin, clock, or grouping of like items.
2) 10 additional points per item if all supplies used were purchased prior to the beginning of the month’s challenge.
3) 10 additional points for completing any weekly challenges that will be posted at the start of each week during the challenge month. For example: the challenge may be to use letter stickers from your stash on a LO that week.
4) 10 additional points per item for completing any other CURRENT challenge posted on the board. For example, if a free space is posted for bingo that requires the LO to be posted by a Sunday evening, and you complete and post your LO before Sunday evening, then you can claim 10 points. If you don't post until Monday, you can no longer claim the points. (Note: You do not have to be playing Bingo to claim the extra points for doing Bingo challenges--so if you are calling, you can do the FS and get the points!)
Example: If you complete 1 LO (10 POINTS), in which all items are stash (add 10 POINTS), and then complete two of the weekly challenges (add 20 POINTS), and do another challenge posted on the board, you will have earned 50 points for that single LO.
1) This round will begin on Monday, August 2nd, and end on Sunday, September 5th.
2) You can sign up any time, but the challenge month starts and ends on the same days regardless. So if you join on August 10th you can't use stuff purchased on August 9th and claim it as stash.
3) Anything purchased before the beginning of the challenge month is considered stash. If you are ordering on line, the items have to be ordered by the date to be counted as stash. They do not have to arrive by the start date though. Anything received as a gift or a RAK automatically counts as stash, even if you receive it in the middle of a UIU month. Adhesive is not included--if you need adhesive, you must be getting pages done, so go buy some! Tools are also not included, as you can't really use them up.
4) Once you have earned a minimum of 100 points, you may buy something new (1 item) for your stash to be used on your next LO. So, for every 100 points earned, you earn the right to add to your stash. (Hey! That's not a bag full of stuff! It's ONE ITEM. Okay, you can count a stack or a kit as one item. But not two individual sheets of paper; or a sheet of paper, a package of brads, some ribbon, and bling.)
5) Set your own goals, and please specify in your post (x) LO's, (y)Cards, (z) other Embellished/Altered Projects you think you can finish that month. Then see how many points you can rack up for those LO's/projects.
Reward for participating? In general, being able to say "I used some of my stuff! Now I can go buy some more!”
Let me know if you have any questions! Old-timers and newbies are all welcome to play!!! Post your goals here, and look for the challenges post late Sunday or early Monday!
Upcoming UIU dates:
September 6-October 3 hosted by ???
October 4-November 7 hosted by ???
If anyone wants to volunteer to hostess for September or October, just let me know.
fine print: explanatory text borrowed from previous UIU sign-ups with some small changes.