UIU Challenges Oct 1-11
Find a Conversation
|Fri, 10-01-2010 - 3:19pm|
Yes I am late. Sorry about that, this week has gone screaming by.
Are you interested in finishing off October? While we are read only between tonight and Oct 5., take a browse through your stash and fave inspiration sites and see what challenges you can come up with. You will only have to post challenges on Oct 11, 18, and 25. AND you'll have an edge up on points, being inspired after all that digging through your stash. C'mon, you know you want to!
As always, anyone reading this board is welcome to participate, post, and be inspired by these challenges. These challenges may be paired with Bingo or any other challenge on this board. Do one at a time, cram them together, make one page, make a book of layouts - these are your pages, so do it your way.
These challenges must be completed by the eve of MONDAY October 11 to be counted. "Eve" is a relative term based on your time zone, and how late (or early you stay up scrapping and posting. DO NOT BE INTIMIATED by these 'rules'. If you are using your stash, you'll be happy and so we will be happy for you!
I may or may not randomly choose a name of any new person who posts a LO OR sets a goal for October using these challenges. That person would receive a small envelope of various scrap items that are not of the usual paper/stickers variety. Can't guarantee that it will be something you don't have, but I promise I will make it fun.
1. Themes: I'm going back to basics here. Fall, Halloween, Leaves, pumpkins, apple picking, making applesauce, firewood, hiking. Or perhaps you haven't yet finished up some summer events that have been on your mind? Choose any subject related to Fall or Summer (or that you can tie in) and receive 10 points per LO.
2. Stash buster: Die cuts and die cut machines. Drag out your Sizzix, Cuttlebug, Cricut, Slice, Nestabilities, punches, Quickkutz, or whatever system I missed. Or use up storebought die cuts: shapes, laser cut letters and titles, scalloped borders, technique Tuesday shapes, coasters... if you can name it, claim it. 10 points for every LO that uses at least two die cuts.
3. Decorative Brads. I have a bunch of these. 10 points for any LO with at least ONE decorative brad on it. 50 points for any LO that uses 10 or more.
4. Fabric Scraps: You know, I have a bunch of these from kits that are so weird I have no idea what to do with them. But they can be layered, inked, misted, painted, die cut (ahem, two for one?) rolled up to a flower, torn and used as ribbon... If necessary use something from your sewing or old clothes piles! 10 points for each different pattern fabric used.
5. MMUMS: Post a MMUMS list in the October thread (or old September thread) and I or someone else will pick something from it for you to use. If you already have a MMUMS list posted/open challenge, that can carry over to this week. 10 points
6. GIVEN THAT WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST MMUMS while we are read only for 5 days, if you do not have a list, simply write your list down, use something, and just tell us what it was. Then when we go live again on Oct 5, post your updated list and challenge someone to use something off their list. 10 points simply for posting a list.
Michelle Scrap Central CL of the Month 9/06,