UIU Challenges Week of June 6
Find a Conversation
|Sun, 06-06-2010 - 7:01pm|
Work for these challenges must be completed and posted before June 14 to claim bonus points. If you cannot manage a photo in time (say, you finish the LO late June 13, and the 14th is a dark rainy day,) posting a brief description of the LO and a full list of supplies will do if you promise to show us the LO. This IS about using your stash - you should get points for it! But we want to be inspired by you as well!
1. Themes: Having just had a few parties, make that your theme for a LO. Mine may have been kid parties & sleepovers, but yours could be a picnic, backyard BBQ, Streedance (teehee), Graduation, wedding... 10 points per party themed LO.
2. Inspiration: Another Mom at swimming lessons came in with this purse. Yummy, no? Ok, it reminds me a little of an SEI album I made once in a class, but I love the fresh bright colors, mixed patterns, silver & clear jewels. Be inspired by the color palate, mixed patterns or bling. 10 points for every inspired LO.
3. Stash buster: Flowers & leaves. OH my do I have a stash of flowers. Do you? How about flower punches then? Patterned paper with flowers maybe? Flowers may be counted over multiple LOs. For example, if on one LO you use 1 large flower and 6 small flowers, and on another you use1 large flower and 4 small leaves, you would earn 20 points total. 10 points for every 2 large flowers or 10 small flowers/leaves used.
4. Tools: Let's see some texture. I took the photo of this garden ornament at swimming lessons as well. LOVE the texture of the layered flowers, the curved wire & butterfly up above. Embossing folders, Textured hammers, pins, layers (flowers, ahem. Here's a way to combine two UIU challenges together!) 10 points for every LO with significant texture.
5. MMUMS: Post a MMUMS list and I'll pick something from it for you to use. 10 pts. If you already have a MMUMS list posted/open challenge, that can carry over to this week.
Now go create!
Michelle: Momma to Natasha, Sarah Grace & Mira