Cutting Text from Pictures in Gimp
Find a Conversation
|Fri, 03-21-2008 - 7:08pm|
Cutting Text from Pictures (using GIMP 2.2)
1) Open a photo of what you want in your text (I did a 640x480 picture of lilacs)
2) Type your text, I used "Incised 901 Nd BT Expanded" font in 80pt., any color.
3) Use the color selector and select the text....there will be dancing ants around it.
4) Go to Edit=>Clear The solid color will disappear but the ants will still be dancing around the shape of the text.
5) Merge Layer down (ants around text should still be there)
6) Go to Edit=>Cut (now you'll see the word cut from the picture and the transparent background)
7) Create a new window, Type the same text, select with the color select tool
8) Grow your selection by 2 or so pixels
9) Fill in the color you want
10) Drop a shadow
11) merge all layers together
12) Paste your cut name
Play around with different colors as "stroke" colors...I did purple, then green, then I liked white best. Here is the result....HAPPY SPRING!!! (It snowed here today!!)
Another with Easter Eggs..
Powered by CGISpy.com
Edited 3/21/2008 7:10 pm ET by rebbydmmom
Edited 3/22/2008 10:23 am ET by rebbydmmom