Boardwalk Empire(10/2)

iVillage Member
Boardwalk Empire(10/2)
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 8:48am

"I keep people satisfied," said Nucky Thompson at the end of last night's Boardwalk Empire. "That's all I do." One of the big complaints that people had about the show's first season was that Thompson was an extremely passive protagonist. But to Thompson, that passivity is a virtue: He's just trying to protect the status quo, to make sure that everyone is reasonably happy, while also making extra sure that he and his friends make enough scratch to maintain the steady supply of flavorful champagne and nude dancers.

For more...

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/boardwalk-empire-season-2-episode-2/

Lisa (aka pixie)

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 8:54am
I enjoyed this episode more then the season premiere last week. I told dh after the episode was over that Mrs. Shroder seems to be more in charge then Nucky does. She layed down the law...told him what's what and was a very strong women. Very interesting. I'm not sure what my thoughts are on her obvious attraction to the irish guy. I like her relationship with Nucky and I would be sad to see someone come inbetween it BUT I like the chemistry between the two of them and I would like to see Nucky fight for Mrs. Shroder!!

Lisa (aka pixie)