Homeland 11/25

iVillage Member
Homeland 11/25
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 8:36am

Did we just get a glimpse of Homeland's future? Right as the season 2 end game turned a definitive corner, we briefly met a brand new character whose storytelling reach could easily extend far beyond whatever explosive finish Nicholas Brody appears to be taking the show this season. Sure, Peter Quinn's mysterious CIA minder/contact/svengali — who Saul said used to run "company missions we don't talk about" — could vanish after an episode or two. But I don't think so. One, upon looking at his photo, Saul acted as if he'd seen someone just about as shocking, and formidable, as Abu Nazir — he even said of the man, "That's him, in the flesh." Two, you don't give a character as portentously peculiar a name as "Dar Adal" if he's only around for an episode or two. And three, Adal is played by the Oscar-winning actor F. Murray Abraham (Amadeus, CBS' The Good Wife), and you don't hire an Oscar-winning actor with a first-name initial if you aren't at least thinking long term.

More to the point, the introduction of Dar Adal was just one of several new complications orbiting Peter Quinn. I'll cover them later on, but suffice to say, I would not exactly be surprised if next summer I start seeing bus stop benches with Claire Danes standing enigmatically next to Rupert Friend instead of Damien Lewis.

More at..... http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/homeland-s2-ep9-quinn-brody-saul/