Project Runway(10/27)

iVillage Member
Project Runway(10/27)
Fri, 10-28-2011 - 7:24am

So Dd and I are almost thru WATCHING last nights Project Runway....we are to the point where they are going to decide.

Lisa (aka pixie)

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-28-2011 - 2:09pm

It seemed like a bad sign that the Project Runway Season 9 finale started with a visit from Tim Gunn telling the final four designers that they were all getting the “tremendous gift” of $500 to spend at Mood and improve their collections in whatever way they saw fit. Translation: Somewhere in a dimly lit, jasmine-scented office at Marie Claire magazine, Nina Garcia and Michael Kors were still clutching their pearls, torturing their assistants, and hurling verbal venom at the three-piece mini collections the contestants had shown last episode. And that must’ve had the show’s producers throwing a hail-mary pass and hoping at least one contestant would be in the end zone to catch it.

For more of this recap...

http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/project-runway-recap-season-9-finale-episode-14-winner/

Lisa (aka pixie)

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-28-2011 - 2:12pm
I like Anya so I'm okay with her winning. I wish that I could wear her looks...but me braless in a plunging top I don't think that would be safe for anyone. I agree with Michael if you are looking for an Anya piece it would be very specific...but what happens to those women in the colder climates I guess they will just have to go with the accessories and skip the clothes.

I had high hopes at the beginning that Viktor would win...I think overall this season I have enjoyed his looks most. His downfall was going away from that print...which I loved. And unlike Anya's clothes I could actually wear Viktors and I would love stuff in those prints. I think he would have won if he wouldn't have done those sheer looks...or at least put the print with them.

Lisa (aka pixie)

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-30-2011 - 3:32pm

I also thought Viktor was going to win.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-31-2011 - 7:27am
Typically I don't watch the show and think I could wear the clothes on there either...I'm not a fashion type of girl. Let me tell you though I LOVE Viktor's print. I wouldn't be able to do the pants but I could do that top and skirt. I guess this episode I really thought that way and maybe it had something to do with what the judges were saying. The guest judge kept talking about how she couldn't wear Anya's clothes up in New York and wished Anya would have kept that in mind. Plus there were a couple of looks of Viktor's this season that I thought...Hey I could wear that.

Did you think that Josh was going to tear Anya apart for winning?? I'm sure he was FURIOUS!!!! I think Josh has gone thru the most transformation this season because he has stepped away from the hot glue gun and calmed down his looks quite a bit.

Lisa (aka pixie)