True Blood (6/27)

iVillage Member
True Blood (6/27)
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 10:32am

Welcome back, fangbangers! Mickey O'Connor here, ready to dive into the cesspool of platelets, fornication and biscuits with gravy that is True Blood. For this first episode, my recap will be pretty, well, recappy, since there is so much new ground to cover. But after this week, I'm hoping to keep things on the shorter side to put the spotlight where it belongs: on your brilliant observations in the comments section. Let's let the bon temps roulez!

True Blood's fourth season picks up right where we left off, as Sookie and her faerie godmother Claudine arrive in Faerieland. After but a few minutes — and odd reunions with Barry, the telepathic bellhop from the vampire hotel in Dallas (remember him?) and her Granddaddy Earl (guest star Gary Cole), Sookie makes a hasty exit from Faerieland. Sookie quickly discovers that her minutes-long sojourn lasted a year and two weeks out in the real world. What were our favorite residents of Bon Temps up to in the interim (besides thinking that Sookie had been killed by a vampire)? Let's find out!

More at.....

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2011 - 9:59am

Fast forward fairie style? LOL

I don't get HBO but I'd like to see this show sometime! Has anybody here read the books and seen this show? Do you like it or is it a 'whole different animal' from the books?

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2011 - 9:28pm
I love this show. I tried reading the books after watching the show but couldn't get into them. Maybe I would have liked them better if I had read them first.

Linda

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 7:18am
I have read the books and I watch the show. The first season the book and show followed a lot of the same lines. Going into the second season they switched up things...last year they switched up some more things and then the start of this year has been quite a bit different. I do like the show more then the books but that is because the book is only around Sookie and what she is doing. With the show you follow a lot more characters and what they are doing. Let's face it Season 2 they would have had to dump quite a few regular actors because they are not even touched in during the book. I have enjoyed the books though...but I love the TV series more. Oh and the addition of some characters...or keeping some characters around that should really be dead and gone from the series has made me happy too.

Lisa (aka pixie)

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 7:59am
I like the show much better then the books myself. The books are so centered around Sookie that you just don't get to see the other people..usually it's the other way around. I have become addicted to the books though and that is because of Book 4. Book 4 is a good one!!!

Lisa (aka pixie)

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 8:01am

Hi Linda,

I often wonder if it isn't a matter of just which one you read or see first as to which one you like better. I'm glad to hear how much you like this though. One of these days I'm going to get DH to buy me the series. ;-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 8:05am

That sounds interesting, Lisa. I hope I get to see these soon but I don't think we'll be adding HBO to the lineup - the cable company gets too much money from us now as far as I'm concerned ;-)

Thanks!