True Blood (7/31)

iVillage Member
True Blood (7/31)
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 10:37am

In last week's recap, I said Sookie sleeping with Eric would be even sexier if Bill knew it was happening. And it was -- but not for the reason I anticipated. It wasn't the added joy of revenge I felt watching the episode's final moment, it was the knowledge that the love triangle at the center of the show would remain interesting. Just when you felt comfortable disliking Bill because he lied and told Nan that Eric didn't understand his place in the vampire world or recognize the authority so he could get a true death warrant, he did something fair and merciful -- he let Eric go. He believed Eric truly loved Sookie and that he wanted her to be happy whether it was with him or Bill. Bill letting Eric go proved that he loved Sookie, too. They're both worthy of her at the moment -- and so the triangle is finally a juicy isosceles. (That could be the first time "juicy" and "isosceles" have ever appeared next to each other in a sentence.)

The episode picked up with Eric and Sookie kissing their way through her front door. Sookie kicked off her shoes, so you knew she was fully committed to going all the way. Her yellow and white sundress reminded me a bit of the one she wore the night she and Bill had sex in the graveyard in season 1. If you recall Bill urgently tugging at her dress and sinking his teeth into her breast then ("No, not the neck"), you appreciated the contrast of Eric smoothly untying the back of her dress and running his hand down the front of her this time. "You’re the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen," he said, with a softness that made you feel like you'd never heard a man use that line before. "Only 'cause you can’t remember anything else," Sookie said. She took off Eric's shirt, and they were horizontal on the couch. We got a closeup as Eric kissed his way down her body, but I would have loved to have seen a wide shot -- there's no way Alexander Skarsgard actually fit on that couch. Just as Eric reached a good spot, Bill burst through the door. The boys fought, and Eric lifted Bill up by the throat like he was Dolph Lundgren in Rocky IV and tossed him. He was about to stake Bill with a fireplace poker when Sookie told him Bill was his King. Eric dropped the weapon, said "My liege, forgive me," and kneeled. Which one of them -- Bill or Eric -- tied the back of Sookie's dress for her before they left for Bill's place?

More at............

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-02-2011 - 9:38am

Have I mentioned that I really want to watch this series?

I love the girl who writes these recaps! This is too funny!:

"They're both worthy of her at the moment -- and so the triangle is finally a juicy isosceles. (That could be the first time "juicy" and "isosceles" have ever appeared next to each other in a sentence.)"

Bill is the king??? I don't remember that from the books at all. I'm confused.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-03-2011 - 11:03am
The TV show only has bits and pieces from the books. I love the books but I also love the series. Since you have read the books you know that they are all set from Sookies perspective so if she is not there that we don't know what is happening. When she was in Dallas we didn't hear any thing about Bon Ton. Well on the TV series it's not just Sookie it's everybody. There are people they didn't kill on TV series that are dead and gone in the books. There are people on the TV series that do not even exist in the books. When Sookie is in Dallas we see what is going on when she is not there. Also the timeline is messed up so you have to deal with it.

So in other words Bill is never King in the books but he is on the TV show. I think you would love the series on TV...it's Sookie Stackhouse and more.

Lisa (aka pixie)