The Following - Premiere - 1/21

iVillage Member
The Following - Premiere - 1/21
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 8:26am

After months of anticipation and an extraordinary viral marketing campaign, Kevin Williamson's serial killer thriller "The Following" debuted on Monday night on FOX. The dark, haunting drama brings Kevin Bacon to the small screen in his first television role, as former FBI agent Ryan Hardy. He's an alcoholic, a loner, and an expert on serial killer and cult leader Joe Carroll (James Purefoy).

Former lit professor Carroll, on death row for murdering 14 college women nearly a decade ago, has used his considerable charm and seductive charisma to prey on some weak, disturbed individuals and create his own network of devoted killers outside the prison walls.

In the pilot episode, Carroll escapes just long enough to finish the job he began nine years ago, before Hardy caught him. His idol, Edgar Allan Poe, never finished his final work, but Carroll is intent on besting him. With the help of "Billy" and "Will", two men who have been posing for years as a trustworthy gay couple, Carroll reunites with Sarah Fuller (Maggie Grace), the only victim he injured, but didn't slaughter in his Winslow bloodbath.

More at......http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/01/the-following-premiere-r...

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 6:53am

Well I'm not exactly sure how many episodes there are going to be this year but I do know at the end of this episode it said there were going to be 14 new episodes in a row.

See Kevin Bacon's character is not allowed to be in the FBI anymore because of a pace maker he had to have put in when freaky dude stabbed him.  So the only reason Kevin Bacon is even there is as a consultant because he studied this guy for so long.  So anyway, the freaky dude escaped and was captured all in the first episode.  Thru out the episode you find out that he has this "following" of loyal fans(a cult) that does what ever he wants.  Some of them are trying to be like him and some are doing things that he has asked.  Anyway next week they are hunting one of the "Following" that was a guard at the prison who has decided he is going to kill like freaky dude.  So I guess because Kevin is hunting the "following" he will have to go and talk to freaky guy in prison about what is going on.

Hope that makes sense :-)

Lisa (aka pixie)

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 7:45pm

Hmm.... what you wrote has me confused because I thought this was one of those "inclusive" shows where it was only X amt of episodes long and it was only about this freaky dude.   About this freaky dude and Kevin Bacon capturing him.   Hmm.  

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 2:31pm

We watched.  I enjoyed it.  There were parts of the show that really came out of no where for me....just really unexpected.  Now I have read some critics of the show that have brought up valid points.  The love triangle(between the gay guys that are not gay and the babysitter) is a bit weird and I don't care for it.  And I agree with the critics I hope this doesn't turn into a different case each week....if that is the case the show will get old fast.  I think Kevin Bacon's character needs to spend time following the different people in the cult for more then one episode.  Yes, a cult can have 100's of people but it will become tired if there is a new one each week.

Lisa (aka pixie)

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 8:27am

I didn't watch.   I wanted to, but I didn't.

Our DVR is on overdrive on Mondays now that The Biggest Loser was moved to Mondays.   I couldn't add another show and DH said it looked too creepy for him.