American Idol(1/23)

iVillage Member
American Idol(1/23)
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 6:50am

Godzilla vs. Mothra. Batman vs. Joker. Coke vs. Pepsi. Michigan vs. Notre Dame. Randy Jackson vs. the English language. These are the rivalries that define the modern age. They’re long-standing. They’re heated. And pretty much everybody’s got an opinion on ‘em.

And now we’ve got…Nicki vs. Mariah? Divas, pleeeease.

for more....

http://tvline.com/2013/01/23/american-idol-recap-season-12-charlotte-auditions-nicki-mariah-fight/

Lisa (aka pixie)

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 8:51am

Hmm.

This was the "fight" episode.

I honestly didn't think it was as bad as people made it out to be.   They didn't agree and there were some catty comments, but Randy was RIGHT in the middle of it just as much as Mariah was.   The media made it all about Mariah and Nicki, if you ask me.   AND I don't like Nicki but there was some validity to what she was saying.

That said, I can easily see how Keith would be insulted by the "I did the country thing" remark and how that would spark a conversation about what this girl wants to do.   It seems like she wants to sing and doesn't really care in which genre, but a true artist might know that it doesn't work that way?   Or maybe Keith (as a true country artist) doesn't want to see someone take the country route if it's the easier way to gain fame?

And THAT said... the girl had a good voice.

Oh and the show is totally boring when Keith has to leave.   Snooze fest!

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 9:14am

Ahh hmm.... I am reading comments about Idol and people are saying "the fight" we saw last night wasn't "THE FIGHT".... that there is leaked footage somewhere on the internet and the fight was much worse and more about Nicki and Mariah.   I need to find this footage.   LOL

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 9:26am

Umm okay this is a whole different ball of wax.....

http://www.theboombox.com/2012/10/03/nicki-minaj-mariah-carey-fight/

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 10:38am

I'm not watching Idol but I did want to watch the fight.  Unfortunatly the link you put in here won't let me watch the footage.  I'm completely bummed....and now I'm going to have to do my own search Tongue Out

Lisa (aka pixie)