America's Got Talent(8/28)

iVillage Member
America's Got Talent(8/28)
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 6:52am

"America's Got Talent" is finally down to its Top 24. It seems like this show has been on for seven months, doesn't it? At this point, the contestants perform in two groups of 12 and only three acts advance to the finals. Not a lot of room for error.
Howard Stern's comments, by the way, were really spot-on tonight. It's a tough week, with only three getting to advance. And Stern was very honest with the acts, none of whom came out and blew it, which is nice to see.

for more...

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/08/americas-got-talent-semi-finals-scott-brothers-and-william-close-stand-out.html

Lisa (aka pixie)

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 8:33am

Is anyone watching this show?  I don't watch, but am commenting because "All That" is from here (Myrtle Beach).    I don't think they have a chance of winning, but I think it's great that they're getting such big exposure from this.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 4:29pm
We watch this and for the life of me I cannot remember All That.

On one hand the way they have taped this year is good because usually in the end I want everyone to win because I like their story and don't focus solely on talent but this year, I'm okay to admit that someone really wasn't great. Sounds crazy but I was heartbroken if one of my acts didn't go through, which was all of them! This year everything seems so impersonal compared to years past.