The Bachelor Recap 1/14

iVillage Member
The Bachelor Recap 1/14
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 8:52am

After the "Bachelor" previouslies, we kick things off with Sean in the shower. Naturally.

Chris Harrison informs the ladies that there will be one group date and two one-on-ones. The first date is for Sarah. The girls are happier for her than they normally act. You have to wonder if they see her physical difference and feel like they can't be snotty towards her? How long do you suppose that lasts?

Sarah's Date

A helicopter?! What a novel mode of transportation for this show! Also, Sean voiceovers about how hard it was to be with 26 women the night before. Dude, might wanna rephrase.

The date is a freefall off a skyscraper in downtown Los Angeles, which would be exciting if this weren't like the 40th time we've seen this date on this show. It's still probably freaky for Sean and Sarah, but not so much for us at home. Also, the actual event is rather anticlimactic. It doesn't even seem like they were going that fast! Lame.

That night at dinner and drinks, Sarah shares a story about ziplining in Vegas except she wasn't allowed to go because of her "disability." She tells it because her dad told her she had to find a guy who could handle moments like that, which -- hmm. It's a nice story and all, but it's not exactly germane to the situation because it's not like the "Bachelor" producers were going to get her up on the skyscraper, notice her amputation and then tell her she couldn't do it. "You'll have to meet Sean at the bottom! See you!" and then Sean just jumps off without her. Kind of a tenuous connection.

More at..... http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/01/the-bachelor-amanda-and-...

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 9:13am

I am the worst DVR owner ever.   I just assumed it was picking up The Bachelor and The Biggest Loser.   I actually watched The Biggest Loser.   Somewhere around 1.5 into the show, I thought maybe I should double check.   Sure as shi! it wasn't taping The Bachelor.   ARGHHHHHHH!    So I have the last 15 minutes to watch.   LOL