Chris Harrison's Blog 2/20

iVillage Member
Chris Harrison's Blog 2/20
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 10:00am

You can fake a lot of things but one thing you can never fake is your family. I can’t remember a more pivotal hometown episode. These hometown visits were definitely a game changer for Ben and these women.

I can’t recall ever seeing such a strong front-runner like Kacie falling so far, so fast after a hometown date. I’ll give you my thoughts on her at the end, but first let’s talk about the women that will be moving on to exotic dates in Switzerland. The first stop was Lindzi’s house. This was as good as a hometown date could be. The moment Ben sees Lindzi, life is just easy. It’s how all good relationships should be: effortless. That’s not to say relationships don’t take a ton of work and effort, but especially in the beginning they should seem and feel effortless. When I watched Ben interact in this environment, it felt like he was home and they were already family. I do have to give Lindzi a bit of a hard time here. I was surprised at how little Lindzi knew about her parents’ past: It was funny to watch her be pleasantly surprised by finding out where her parents dated and were married. The fact that Lindzi’s parents got married in the same exact building where Ben and Lindzi shared their first dance was one of the more serendipitous moments of the season so far. Other than that, Lindzi’s hometown date was flawless.

More at....http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/02/21/chris-harrison-the-bachelor-episode-8-blog-2/