Dancing With the Stars - 11/26

iVillage Member
Dancing With the Stars - 11/26
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 10:22am

It's ladies' night! Dancing with the Stars' final three face off with the first two of three dances, including a supersized freestyle. Who is perfect so far?

So how many 30s will be handed out tonight? Remember, Kelly and Val are the only ones who haven't gotten a single 10 yet. We can all agree that's gonna change tonight, yes?

Round 1 is their favorite repeat dance. What are the chances they all chose from Iconic Dances Week? Because they did. Round 2 is the supersized freestyle, featuring the Fierce Five for Shawn. Do they get a piece of the Mirrorball too if she wins?

Repeat Dance
Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy: paso doble (original score: 27)
Kelly marvels at the fact that they made it to the finals without a 10, which means it's coming soon. Also, you're not the first to make the finals without a 10, Kelly, so not that big of a deal. She wants to make the paso technically perfect so the judges have to give her a 10. So close they can taste it! Honestly, I don't really recall their first paso, but this is a nice, dramatic rendition. It's also the perfect dance to do to play to Kelly's tendency for sharper movements. Her lines and footwork are crisper... but then she slides out of a turn. Len calls it her best dance. Bruno says she burned the floor like an awesome fire angel. Carrie Ann is proud of them, but points out the slip-up. They still get (their first!) 10s from Len and Bruno despite that. Ugh. Further proof judging is useless.
Score: 29.5

More at...... http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/dancing-with-the-stars/episode-18-season-...

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 11:54am

I would really like to see Melissa and Tony win since neither one of them have won before.  I was okay with their freestyle but I think Tony should have considered asking a guest choreographer to come in...their contemporary in some places was missing something and when you are not use to that kind of dance I think that something is easy to miss.

Lisa (aka pixie)