Dancing With the Stars 4/23

iVillage Member
Dancing With the Stars 4/23
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 8:36am

It's Motown Week on Dancing with the Stars! And what better way to celebrate than with a Motown Marathon? Who made a comeback? Find out below!

Get ready because here they come. And by "they," I mean Smokey Robinson, Martha Reeves and The Temptations. Pulling out all the stops, huh, show? Can we continue the mini concert and skip the dancing? Kidding! Maybe.

OK, camera fail. Unless Donald had a complete body transplant and is now a trumpeter instead of Donald. Speaking of the band, a backup singer is wearing pink pleather. I think my Rollberlbade Barbie wore that exact same outfit back in the day.

So tonight, everyone will do an individual dance and then the Motown Marathon. Motown girl Gladys kicks things off.

Gladys Knight and Tristan MacManus: rumba
Gladys is pumped and calls her bro to show Tristan some Motown/Pip moves. They're dancing to The Temptations, who will perform "My Girl" live. Cool, right? Not as cool as Tristan's all-purple outfit. I'm pretty sure he's the only guy who can pull off the Barney look. Anyhow, this is a very sweet routine and Gladys has the stage presence, charisma and rhythm to sell it, but technique-wise, it's not all there. Plus, this is a rumba, and there is zero heat. We don't need Maria and Derek-like floor-writhing

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 9:15am

Well I'm in the camp that think Roshon got screwed.

Lisa (aka pixie)

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 9:43am

I was definitely worried about the live singing!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 12:53pm
Didn't want to say anything about Smokey but I thought it looked like plastic surgery gone wrong. You know how Kenny Rogers looks like a scared Kenny Rogers now. I also thought maybe it wasn't plastic surgery but that fact that he really doesn't have any eyelashes? Sounds strange I know but it really stuck out to me.

Lisa (aka pixie)

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 5:44pm

Smokey was reading the words to his songs

I like the idea of live singers performances - and also their voices are kinda shot and I miss their original versions

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-25-2012 - 8:20am

That's what I said to a friend..... it looked like he was reading the words off a teleprompter so he was staring straight at it.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-25-2012 - 8:29am
Was he reading the words...good catch. I really didn't see that.

And I completely agree with their voices being kinda shot. I just didn't know how to word it correctly.

Lisa (aka pixie)

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-25-2012 - 8:31am

Do you guys think they went with the Live performances because Gladys was on the show?

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-25-2012 - 8:33am
Not sure. I do wonder if they had plans to have Gladys sing at this LIVE performance but she made it farther then they expected. I agree they will probably never do that again.

Lisa (aka pixie)