DWTS(11/19)

iVillage Member
DWTS(11/19)
Tue, 11-20-2012 - 6:47am

It's semifinals time! Dancing with the Stars' top five perform two numbers, including an ode to Michael Jackson. Did Tony's bad back take him out? Who dethroned Melissa from the top of the leader board? Find out below!

Guys, we're so close, yet so far. Remember the good ol' days when Thanksgiving week was finals week? Sigh. Now we have our first-ever five-person final and there will be another double elimination tomorrow. Two dances on tap: Round 1 is those crazy dances they picked for each other last week and Round 2 is an unlearned dance to a Michael Jackson tune to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Bad. Katherine Jackson's even in the house. And she's so not impressed.

Tony injured his back in rehearsals Sunday and had an MRI Monday morning... and he's OK! I'm pretty sure he would die dancing out there given how much he adores Melissa and how this season's going.

for more...

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/dancing-with-the-stars/episode-16-season-15/191470#recap

Lisa (aka pixie)

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-20-2012 - 7:03am

Hmmmm....I'm not sure who is going to make it to the finals with the double elimination.  I hope Melissa gets there but I just don't think she has the fan support to win the whole thing.  I do hope she makes it to the finals and then it just depends on what Tony can bring.  And I will be honest I just don't want Melissa to win, I really want Tony to win...I think it's his time!!! 

Last night as I was watching...I was thinking I can actually see an all girls final three.  I'm not sure that is what is going to happen but I can see it going there.  I also know that this year it really depends on the fans voting.  I just can't even hazard a guess at who is going to be in the finals...well except Shawn I believe I can put money on her being in the finals.

Now on to some of the dancing...

Melissa vrs. Shawn.  I really enjoyed Melissa's Argentine Tango more then Shawn's and in this case I think it's because of what Carrie Ann said...the lack of emotion and passion.  I just felt more during Melissa's dance.  Plus I think Melissa's dance had more precise lifts and footwork.  Now Shawn...I did like her dance and I felt like everything was there, just the passion was missing.  She is a very good dancer tho.

Kelly...Okay come on judges, one of you should have given her a 10 for her Rhumba.  It seems to me that the 10 paddle runs rampant other times but this is the only team that I believe hasn't seen it.  Just one of you should have given them a 10.  Oh and Val in a speedo...holy crap.  I can be honest I enjoyed that!!!!!

Apollo...too bad for the slip up in his jazz routine.  I really liked it and since my dd is in jazz I can appreciate how hard and intricate that dance was.  Karina actually did a very good job with the choreography.  Yes, there were a couple places that were slightly disjointed BUT sometimes that is actually how the choreography works.  I thought they did a good job with that one.

Emmit...I really enjoyed their Bond Lindy.  I always like quirky so for me that was good.  I liked the duel between Bond and the Villian.  I also think Cheryl did a good job.

Like I said above I'm not sure who is going to make it into the final three. 

Lisa (aka pixie)

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-20-2012 - 8:26am

I'm reading your reply and thinking "why have I stopped watching this season?".   Honestly, I have no real answer except it's been harder to watch it with DH home (yes, he's still in between assignments).   Maybe I'll start watching again just in time for the finale.  

I have to say that I was surprised to read that Kelly was still in the competition and that Gilles was gone.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-20-2012 - 8:48am

I didn't know that you had stopped watching.  Gilles left last weekCry

Well I would watch tonight...which by the way the result shows are now only an hour long on tuesday nights...which is nice.  And next week is the finale.

Lisa (aka pixie)