Stars Earn Stripes Premiere 8/13

iVillage Member
Stars Earn Stripes Premiere 8/13
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 10:47am

"Stars Earn Stripes" debuted on NBC Monday night (Aug. 13), featuring eight celebrities paired with eight actual military personnel, embarking on training missions and competing for cash prizes to be donated to their various first-responder and military-related charities.

After each celeb was paired up with his or her military counterpart, they were assigned an amphibious assault mission to destroy a cache of weapons. But before they could embark on the mission, the celebrities had to be trained -- which actually did not seem like it lasted very long at all. And then it was mission time.

The mission involved being dropped out of a helicopter, swimming to a Zodiac boat, taking out a guard tower with a grenade launcher and targets with a machine gun, then crawling under barbed wire, breaching a shack and moving ammo into the shack. Once clear, they destroy the shack. The celebrities from the slowest team later face off in a shoot-out and the loser is dismissed.

More at......     http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/08/stars-earn-stripes-premiere-is-it-all-it-can-be.html 

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 10:50am

I didn't watch but have a few comments.   :smileywink:

Since when is Dolvett a "star"?   He's a trainer on Biggest Loser who has only been around 2 seasons.  

He is definitely not the one I'd have chosen to be the first one gone.   I guess I looked at how physically fit he is and thought that would factor in but obviously that wasn't the only factor.