Survivor(12/5)

iVillage Member
Survivor(12/5)
Thu, 12-06-2012 - 12:18pm

What a wasted opportunity. All the pieces were in place. Everything was set up perfectly. We, the audience, were on the edge of our collective seat waiting for it to happen. But it never did. And when it was all over, we were left to curse the wasted chance. I’m speaking, of course, of the final leg of the Immunity Challenge. And perhaps the worst job by Jeff Probst ever in calling a challenge. I’ve known Jeff for a lot of years. Sometimes we agree on things, sometimes we don’t, but I have always considered him very good at his job. Until now. Because what just happened was a full-on travesty. You remember the situation — the contestants had used rope and sticks to make a pole that then needed to be used to push a target. A golden, gift-wrapped opportunity for prime sexually-inappropriate-when-taken-completely-out-of-context comments if ever there was one! Everything was all teed up.

for more...

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivor-philippines-episode-12-carter/

Lisa (aka pixie)

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-07-2012 - 8:55am

Okay so..... I was sad to see Carter go home even though I feel like we never really got to know the guy.   He did deserve to be there more than Abi, but the strategy to get rid of him made sense.   I didn't like it, though.   Any strategy that included keeping Abi wasn't going to make me happy.    I get so sick of watching her try to play the victim (I know too many people like that).   ugh.  

So wow... Malcolm does something nice for Michael & Lisa (letting them bring back their loved ones to camp) and they conspire against Malcolm.   Made me realize that those moves really aren't good for strategy and he should've let Denise's SO come back instead.    Loved seeing her with her man, by the way.   You could feel their love.

I am rooting for Malcolm.   I'd be okay with Skupin, Lisa or Denise winning too because they've all been decent people and fairly strategic.  

Oh and side note.... Lisa's brother was very adorable and wow 20 years younger?

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-07-2012 - 8:57am

And I found another glitch.   On the main page, it still shows zero responses to this thread.   It looks as if Lisa (Pixie) posted this recap and there's no other activity in this thread.   Frown