SYTYCD(7/25)

iVillage Member
SYTYCD(7/25)
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 8:51am

The new format of "So You Think You Can Dance" is a little incongruous in that dancers who give amazing performances can end up in the bottom six just minutes later for a bum performance they gave a week ago. So it was kind of shocking when Eliana, who delivered the strongest performance of the night -- along with partner Cyrus -- ended up there. Luckily, the judges saved her to dance another week, instead sending Amber and Brandon home.

For more...

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/07/so-you-think-you-can-dance-amber-and-brandon-head-home.html

Lisa (aka pixie)

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 9:06am
I'm having a hard time with the new format. I like the fact that they are talking with the choreographers and all the judges involved because they are getting many different viewpoints. I also like the fact that each person has their own number and it's not by couple anymore. I dislike the fact that they are getting rid of people the same night after you watch different performances. When you see a performance and the next night someone leaves because of that specific performance it makes sense. If you watch a performance and the dancer is critiqued and then the next week they fix their mistake and improve and you see how good they are to then be kicked off that is annoying. You feel like they are being kicked off for the performance you just saw. Case in point...Eliana and Cyrus had that awful Jive last week and this week they have the great hip hop number. Eliana is in the bottom three..luckily she got to stay.

Oh well just have to deal with it and deal with the hand that you are dealt.

Lisa (aka pixie)