The Voice 2/20

iVillage Member
The Voice 2/20
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 10:03am

Okay, quick: who's your favorite coach on The Voice? Your answer tells as much about you as it might to reveal your favorite Beatle. Blake's the heart of the whole operation. (Sharing his sarsaparilla with that poor mustache guy who looked like he'd escaped from the "Dream of the 1890s" sketch!) Adam's the guts. (He's willing to turn his chair for some risky choices, but that's only because he's too cocky to think he won't win.) Christina's the voice. (Blake didn't concede that she's "one of the greatest singers of her generation" for nothing.) And Cee Lo's the loins. (What was all that talk about "the package"?) So, tonight, let's break this down team by team.

TEAM CHRISTINA: THE BELLOWERS

Brazilian-born family man Jonathas learned English by listening to music, and judging by the amount of time he spends praising "the American dream," I'm betting that music was a bit of Springsteen, and a whole lot more Springsteen. Jonathas lays it on so smooth during Usher's "U Got It Bad," crooning up his finest scented-candle R&B while doing a little pump-it! dance with his hips, that Cee Lo claims he thought Usher was actually singing. But all Christina has to do to steal Jonathas away from Cee Lo is bat those false eyelashes and purr: "I want to mold you and package you and do the right thing by you." And that's it. It's all over. Jonathas, who confesses that he's had "the hots" for Christina since fifth grade, goes with Team Teenage Crush. Guess he wants Christina to do right by his package. Or something like that.

More at....

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 10:11am

My favorite part of this show is watching the judges interact.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 12:47pm
I was also surprised by some of them that made it thru. I could really tell the editing when it came to the Broadway guy...they cut about half of his song out in an odd place. I guess they didn't want to make us sit there and listen to the whole thing when CeeLoo was the only one that pushed the button. Honestly I like all the judges but I do wish they would cover up Christina's boob they are too out there. Has anyone else noticed are the judges wearing the same clothes each week or very close to the same clothes? I'm just wondering if with the editing they have them wear close to the same clothes so we don't know for sure when some of these acts are picked. Maybe that didn't make any sense...lol.

Anyway agree about liking the judges...but I like Christina too just wish she would cover up the top half a little more OR not put a necklace in her cleavage to draw your eye!!!

Lisa (aka pixie)