The Voice - 3/12

iVillage Member
The Voice - 3/12
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 9:08am

It's a good thing that there's no official drinking game associated with The Voice. Because if I had to take a shot of root beer schnapps every time somebody cried, and another five shots every time that somebody was me, I'd probably be passed out in a shopping cart somewhere.

Seriously, though. Listening to poor Jamie Lono get choked up because his good friend's meant to win? That's heartbreaking. And hearing Jamar Rodgers' speech about how your life is never really over, even if you're HIV positive? Well, let's just say that somebody might be putting her hands over her face to muffle some honest-to-goodness snuffling noises. People, I am truly moved—by a Foreigner song.

But we'll get to that later. First, we must contend with the night's very first diva-off. And that's...

Team Christina: Sera Hill vs. Jeff McBride

You know you're dealing with major talent when a contestant earns not one, but two Whoa! hand gestures from his coaches. (Yes, Whoa! is the international sign language for "That gigantic voice just came out of your tiny head? Stop it! You're making the rest of us look bad.") And that's exactly what happens when Jeff McBride opens up and nails everyone to Christina's zebra-print floor with Aretha Franklin's "Chain of Fools." Immediately, both Christina and Jeff's mentor, Lionel Richie, show him the palms of their hands, like, Nuh-uh! "This is not coming out of a microphone!" exclaims Richie. "This is not coming out of a speaker!"

More at....

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 10:48am

Christina's boobs just distract me too much.