The Voice 4/16

iVillage Member
The Voice 4/16
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 8:22am

There are certainly more creative titles to name this week's recap of The Voice's live rounds, but after the night's shocking final moments, it seemed like no other catchy headline would do my emotions justice (or at least no headline that was work appropriate).

Tonight saw a surprising rule change on the show: Immediately following their teams' last performances, each coach had to send home one unlucky artist in a new instant elimination. There's no real explanation for this, or at least not right now. Does this mean that America will only get to save one artist, and the coach gets to eliminate yet another? Tough luck, democracy! Either way, let us proceed onward through the performances!

Performing “She’s Country,” RaeLynn was the first to take the stage, and take it she did, balancing a delicate stomp around the stage (her boots were decidedly not made for walking) with hay bale obstacles every which way. After the grown-up Toddlers & Tiaras cowgirl finished her little ditty, Blake proclaimed that he had just experienced his proudest moment as a coach: “You prove to America that country can kick ass.” In my opinion, all that performance proved was that RaeLynn could do with a little less RaeLynn-ness.

How nice do I have to be to RaeLynn? I know America voted her through last week, which goes against essentially everything I’ve ever stood for (including the pledge of allegiance). But there’s something so painfully grating about the entire RaeLynn package that it makes me want to return her to whatever bizarre toy store she escaped from. And Blake doesn’t help matters, fawning over her like a hipster at Lenscrafters. RaeRae calls Blake her “big brother,” but I think she just doesn’t know how to spell “creepy uncle.”

More at......

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 9:01am

Umm holy crap, I am in a bit of disbelief that Christina has the nerve to go on stage in an outfit like that - she was wearing not much and you could see EVERY thing.