The Voice - Blind Auditions 2/27

iVillage Member
The Voice - Blind Auditions 2/27
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 9:01am

Hello, and welcome to the Vocal Olympics. Or, as Blake called it, "that treadmill of vocal chords you'll be runnin' on." Tonight, the competition was so cutthroat, not even a self-described "triple threat" like the beat-boxing, grunge-rocking opera singer Cameron Novack (a.k.a. Novackaine), stood a chance to play for Team America. Though, to be fair, what brave soul would want a beat-boxing, grunge-rocking opera singer to represent this great nation?

Luckily, Christina Aguilera was also playing for the home team, and she never ceased to surprise us. One minute, she'd be slumped way down into her cleavage, half listening to the folks on stage, half contemplating something private, like, What ingredients go into a vodka soda again? The next minute, she was opening her mouth, and letting rip a gale-force voice strong enough to blow-dry all the gel in Carson's hair. At one point, she barely even let Cee Lo's singer get offstage without shaming him first! ("I like the way you sang, "They tried to make me go-oh to re-hab," she told Wade, publicly out-Winehouse-ing him in front of the crowd.) Say what you will about her, but Holy Mother of Snooki, the lady can sing. So tonight, let's start the breakdown with...

More at....

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 9:03am

As much as I enjoy the "bickering" that the judges go through during the blind auditions, I'm glad this part of the show is over and now we can get down to the real singing!

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 12:48pm
Yes it seems like the blind auditions went on forever. I am going to enjoy seeing them work with their coachs. I didn't watch last year so that will be new for me.

Lisa (aka pixie)