The Voice - Final 3 Recap 12/17

iVillage Member
The Voice - Final 3 Recap 12/17
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 8:33am

Before we get to the big finale, can I just rant for a minute?

No one should sing Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" on television again. Ever. At this point, it's so overused—covers of the ballad played during two different season finales of The O.C., as well as a billion different American Idol episodes, and every sad-person montage ever (see also: Grey's Anatomy, House, Scrubs, The L Word, etc)—that Cohen himself wants people to stop playing it. (Just ask the music critic Alan Light; he wrote a book about it.)

And I know the coaches' hearts were in the right place when they decided to use it as a tribute to the victims of the Sandy Hook shootings. But this is a totally inappropriate song for that occasion. If somebody actually bothered to listen to the lyrics ("I remember when I moved in you / And the holy dove was moving, too / And every breath we drew was hallelujah") they'd realize what it's really about. Sex, people! It's about sex!

Okay, let's forget that little embarrassment. We've got blazing fires, miniature Cee Los, and a shirtless Adam Levine to attend to! Let's move on...

TEAM CEE LO: NICHOLAS DAVID

Could this guy be any sweeter? Every song he performs is about love, and tonight is no exception. Yeah, it's a little weird when he dedicates his mash-up of Jerry Lee Lewis's "Great Balls of Fire" and Jimi Hendrix's "Fire" to his family. (Psst! Those are songs about sex!) But he lights up so brightly on stage that no one really cares too much. With his sparkly gold suit, his warm voice, those crazy-spirited runs on the piano, and the fact that his piano is literally bursting with flames, Nicholas is a great, bearded ball of fire himself. And he gets major bonus points for his cute, knock-kneed dancing and his samurai kicks. I agree with Adam: it's nice to hear him choose a fun, entertaining song rather than slog through a more obvious "inspirational" track. And Coach Cee Lo is proud: "Your fire tonight burned this house down!"

More at..... http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/the-voice-season-3-episode-31/

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-19-2012 - 10:18am

I was happy with the winner last night. She did a great job.

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-19-2012 - 3:42pm

Hi and welcome to Soapy Soup!

I haven't watched the last hour of it, but I know who won and I was also happy with it.   Based on stuff I'd heard about iTunes sales, etc... I had a feeling that that would be the winner.