The Voice - Final 8 - 11/26

iVillage Member
The Voice - Final 8 - 11/26
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 10:34am

Get ready for a night of duets. And quartets. And endless pirouettes!

Okay, I made up that last part. There isn't nearly enough pirouetting tonight on The Voice. But, on the plus side, there's more than enough 50 Cent. The rapper starts off the show by performing "My Life," the new single from his upcoming album Street King Immortal, with his favorite hook-singing coach, Adam Levine. Later on, Dez, Terry, Melanie, and Cassadee tackle All American Rejects' "Move Along." And then Amanda, Cody, Nicholas, and Trevin harmonize together for Journey's "Any Way You Want It." If only Lady Bird and Purrfect would team up for a song.

But enough about group performances! This is a competition. So let's evaluate the best and worst singers before all those musical combos get whittled down to one.

TEAM ADAM: Amanda Brown

There are certain artists that one should never cover on a singing competition. Simon Cowell has a whole list of them. (Don't even try with "Unchained Melody" unless the ghost of Patrick Swayze is lurking nearby.) And until now, Adam Levine didn't want to hear any Adele tracks, because they can't possibly do justice to the original. But Amanda Brown finds the loophole in his rule: What if this Adele song doesn't sound like Adele at all? Amanda's version of "Someone Like You" transforms it from a happy-for-you-but-sad-for-me power ballad into a great, crazy-ex-girlfriend revenge song. And it sounds fantastic, especially when she's head-banging her way across the stage, hollering through the high notes. As Blake says, "You took an Adele song and made it an Amanda Brown song."

More at..... http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/the-voice-season-3-episode-25/