The X Factor 12/19.....

iVillage Member
The X Factor 12/19.....
Thu, 12-20-2012 - 9:05am

After a season filled with Simon's eye rolls, Britney's stankfaces, L.A. Reid's staggering indifference, and Demi Lovato -- all so compelling! -- it's sometimes hard to remember what this show's supposed to be about: the contestants! And money. Mostly money. Three acts competed for the unbelievable $5 million recording contract in tonight's finals. Fifth Harmony = five uniquely talented singers picked to live in a girl group and have their lives sequined. Carly Rose Sonenclar is a pitch-perfect 13-year-old seemingly on her ninth life of superstardom. And then there's country crooner Tate Stevens, a "family man" (reinforced out loud four times this episode) who years ago gave up a chance at surefire fame and fortune to raise some kids.

I could go on and on about how annoying I find the show's ever-growing disdain of Tate's decent, modest, public works job back home as a depressing alternative to the glamorous life of an X Factor winner. But what's the point? It's almost over. You can check out my wordy assessment of this disappointing season here. For now, let's get to the performances....

The judges engaged in delightfully stilted chats with their charges before the "Song of the Season" round. Britney Spears hilariously pretended she remembered the first time she saw Carly: "You were really shy and you had flip flops on, and it was so adorable." I think we can all remember where we were the night Carly Rose Sonenclar wore flip flops.

More at.... http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/the-x-factor-season-2-finals-carly-tate-fif...

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-20-2012 - 9:25am

Hubby is watching this and completely on the fence as to who is going to win.  He keeps saying that the big thing will be who gets the votes from Emblem 3

Lisa (aka pixie)