Have you Ever Tried Any of These ?

Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Have you Ever Tried Any of These ?
9
Mon, 01-24-2011 - 12:02am

Let us know :)

So you're all ready to conquer your cravings and start a healthy eating plan that works this year. But with all the diets on the market, which one should you try?

Research company NetBase just released a survey on the most popular diets,




iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Mon, 01-24-2011 - 1:03am

Wow! on those diets! Interesting to read.

Never did those. Glad I did not!

My neighbor did the Atkins diet and had fun eating the protein for all their meals. Think they did it for a year.

Then they changed to low carb with the protein... I do not know which one is that.

Now I do not ask them anymore.

I have seen Valerie Bertinelli and Kirstey Alley do the Jenny Craig.

I will just stick to my portions and do my workouts everyday. Helps me keep my numbers low.

Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Mon, 01-24-2011 - 8:48am
sweetrose007x wrote:

Wow! on those diets! Interesting to read.

Never did those. Glad I did not!

My neighbor did the Atkins diet and had fun eating the protein for all their meals. Think they did it for a year.

Then they changed to low carb with the protein... I do not know which one is that.

Now I do not ask them anymore.

I have seen Valerie Bertinelli and Kirstey Alley do the Jenny Craig.

I will just stick to my portions and do my workouts everyday. Helps me keep my numbers low.

It is what works that is for sure Aileen,
Interesting always!




iVillage Member
Registered: 07-09-2001
Mon, 01-24-2011 - 10:46am

I did WW twice. Tried those slim fast shakes.





 




iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Mon, 01-24-2011 - 11:36am
Yes Hugs...I do not like to experiment around. May look tempting, but better
for me to stay where I am.
When I do the checkups, my dr. does not complain about my numbers like
he used too...so I know it is good.
Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Mon, 01-24-2011 - 11:47am
sweetrose007x wrote:
Yes Hugs...I do not like to experiment around. May look tempting, but better
for me to stay where I am.
When I do the checkups, my dr. does not complain about my numbers like
he used too...so I know it is good.

Interesting on the not experimenting but kind of understand Aileen,
Whatever works best for you is what counts ;)




Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Mon, 01-24-2011 - 11:50am
ludam wrote:

I did WW twice. Tried those slim fast shakes.




iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Mon, 01-24-2011 - 11:57am
When I first started , my doctor just told me regular exercise & keeping weight down would prevent diabetes.
I did experiment with different workouts and the mini stepper. I never budged for the first 3 or 4 months and developed a sore foot. I just did not experiment like my neighbor did with Atkins.
Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Mon, 01-24-2011 - 12:17pm
sweetrose007x wrote:
When I first started , my doctor just told me regular exercise & keeping weight down would prevent diabetes.
I did experiment with different workouts and the mini stepper. I never budged for the first 3 or 4 months and developed a sore foot. I just did not experiment like my neighbor did with Atkins.

Good on the different work outs Aileen,
Glad you found what works best for you :)




iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Mon, 01-24-2011 - 12:50pm
Yes experimenting with workouts is better for me Hugs.
What works best is doable things, too.
Although I still look out for new interesting ones, too.
They can be added on.