Mon, 12-07-2009 - 12:34am

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-07-2009 - 12:35am

Monday ~

Oriental chicken with rice & salad :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-07-2009 - 1:53am
Monday - trying to make roasted veggie lasagna.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-07-2009 - 9:18am
On that sounds good ludam,
As does the soup ..
I see I am going to have to start a Soup recipe thread, LOL
I love soups :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-07-2009 - 11:20am
DS had a stomachache most of the day yesterday & still does today. I was hoping he'll feel better today, but it's still bothering him & he's home from school. So I may have to rethink the menu OR keep the menu & make something lighter for him. Although I have some LO roasted chicken & can boil him some potatoes. I also have some boiled chicken in broth, which I was going to use for the soup, but I will just let him have that. I have other broth I can use in soup or will skip the soup altogether. Tomorrow's red beans & rice might have to be put on hold, though.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-07-2009 - 12:07pm
Awww hope DS feels better Ludam,
Easy, bland, simple foods for him is a great idea.
Looks like you have your foods for the week mostly :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 12:07am

Tuesday ~

Cheesy tuna melts & can't wait :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 3:50pm

Well, I didnt make the lasagna yesterday as ds couldnt eat it anyway, dh wasnt too hungry as he's still fighting the cold & I had enough leftovers for us all. Although that meant I'll need to buy lunch today as there were not enough leftovers for that, except soup. But that's ok. I did make the chicken veggie soup, though. DS's stomach still hurts & the dr. suspects a stomach virus so he's not allowed to eat most things. I know the drill. But that meants he cant have lasagna for a couple of days at least. When somebody cant eat what I've made, I dont feel like cooking, especially if it's as involved as lasagna & there are only 2 people to eat it. Plus, I dont feel too great, either. So I might not make it today, although it needs to be made soon as I already roasted the veggies for it - tons of them & I dont feel like doing it again next week. Not in those amounts. I'm feeling lazy & dont feel like cooking. I'll use any excuse not to cook.

Oh yeah, I did bake last night. Instead of making individual muffins, I've decided to make it into a loaf. Used the loaf pan, which was a mistake . Should have used the 8 x 8 cake pan & cut it into bars. Boys liked it, though, even though it wasnt sweet enough for me. I guess it needed those bananas after all ;)

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 4:22pm
The loaf does sound good ludam,
Sorry to hear you're all a bit under the weather.
I know what you mean about cooking then ..
I feel the same way, LOL
Perhaps just some light easy meals the rest of this week ?
Hope you all feel better soon :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 4:33pm
Thank you, hugs. I'm so exhausted, too. I probably won't cook. I really dont feel like it. The problem is that we dont know what to get. We already had chinese the other day & finally finished it yesterday & I had chinese for lunch today. We're so sick of everything. At this point I really dont care. I just want to sleep & for my headache to go away. But I also want to snack. I already had string cheese & some nuts, but I want more of something. Dont know what. And I'm not even sure I'm hungry. But I will be at some point & I'll need food. lol

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 5:43pm
{{ludam}}
How about some tuna ?
Does anyone like that ?
I'm making these yummy tuna melts & can't wait, LOL
Feel better, rest, take it easy :)

Pages