iVillage Member
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 8:53am

Good to hear Aileen,
Now enjoy a bit too :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 8:54am

YaY is right Julie,
Nice going on the maintaining!
Hoping for a great week for all of us now :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 10:13am

Forgive me if this is wordier than the usual weekly weigh-in. I've known for weeks that I was going to pick up my weight-loss goals after the 1st of the year and it's been on my mind.

SW = 144 (rather than hang onto last year's starting weight, I'm starting it fresh today)

LW = 144

CW = 144

GW = 135

The final goal is the same as last year. I looked back over my WW calendar (where I track points, weight and exercise) and was surprised to realize that I came within one pound of my goal on at least 3 separate days last year! I was also embarassed to realize that I've slid back to January's weight. But at least I didn't slide all the way back to where I started. I'm already halfway from last year's starting weight to my goal! LOL

And it should be a piece of cake (although that isn't on the plan) to reach my goal within a few months.

I also found out that WW has altered their perception of fruits. Most fruit is now "points-free" which means I can have as much as I want to keep me full. That also means that I need to be stricter on my daily points tally because I'm already getting some extra leeway.

RoseAnn

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 10:36am
I have been enjoying yes Hugs...slowly.
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 10:42am
Yay you did good Julie.
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 12:01pm
mrosie wrote:

Forgive me if this is wordier than the usual weekly weigh-in. I've known for weeks that I was going to pick up my weight-loss goals after the 1st of the year and it's been on my mind.

SW = 144 (rather than hang onto last year's starting weight, I'm starting it fresh today)

LW = 144

CW = 144

GW = 135

The final goal is the same as last year. I looked back over my WW calendar (where I track points, weight and exercise) and was surprised to realize that I came within one pound of my goal on at least 3 separate days last year! I was also embarassed to realize that I've slid back to January's weight. But at least I didn't slide all the way back to where I started. I'm already halfway from last year's starting weight to my goal! LOL

And it should be a piece of cake (although that isn't on the plan) to reach my goal within a few months.

I also found out that WW has altered their perception of fruits. Most fruit is now "points-free" which means I can have as much as I want to keep me full. That also means that I need to be stricter on my daily points tally because I'm already getting some extra leeway.

RoseAnn

We love wordy here RoseAnn
Wow that's pretty cool you came so close last year ..
That does mean it should be a piece of cake for you now
Really great to hear about the fruit .. eat up now, LOL
You will do it RoseAnn .. you're closer & ready to get back on track.
Mindset, attitude & committment is half the battle.
Something I think we're all ready for now.
Good luck & you know we're here to cheer you on :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 3:04pm

My dh started WW 3 weeks ago - I didn't know the old point system - I just remember exchanges during the 80's.

Denise

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 5:18pm

I've never actually signed up for WW. About 10 years ago, I got a copy of the points guide from someone at work and DH and I go back to it once in a while.

His mom joined last year and she's the one that kept us up-to-date on some of the changes. If I can eat unlimited fruit, I suppose I'll have to hold more strictly to the points tally. In the past, I've fudged it quite a bit. I figured out that "maintenance" for me requires about 30 points and "dieting" is 18-20.

RoseAnn

Pages