MARCH 2013 RANDOM THOUGHTS

iVillage Member
MARCH 2013 RANDOM THOUGHTS
Sat, 03-02-2013 - 1:24am

The best thing about this month is...SPRING!!!

We're almost there, we can do this!!

So, whatcha wanna talk about??

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-02-2013 - 6:52pm

Thank you Donna!
Nice on the new clothes .. soon you can wear them!
I can't wait to wear some spring ones, LOL
Have been waiting for a dress that has been on back order for ever.
I just hope I like it after all this time <g>

Daylight saving is around the corner . .a sign of spring getting closer :)

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-03-2013 - 12:42am

Ouuu..you bought a dress!! I hope you love it when it comes!! I haven't bought a dress in years. I've been thinking about getting one though. I did buy a long white gauze sort of prairie skirt. The kind that has inserts around it of embroidered cotton "lace" if you know what I mean. I like it.

I'm looking forward to wearing spring clothes too! Soon we will!! Yay!!

Now I have to figure out what to wear to church tomorrow and get that outfit pulled out. I'm still loving my new wardrobe, so fun to wear!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-03-2013 - 7:37pm

Thanks, let's hope if/when the dress comes it fits/looks good ..
That skirt sounds really pretty  .. what kind of top do you wear with it?

Hope you found somethign to wehre for church today <g>

Soon we can wear lighter clothes :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-04-2013 - 1:02am

Crossing digits on your dress! If you like it when it comes, tell me all about it!!

I also got this new jacket a couple of weeks ago that I'll wear with the skirt. Also got a coral top with some white beading to wear under the jacket. Love it!! Now I need to get some new shoes to wear with it too.

You can't see it very well in the photo, but the wrist bands and the band around the bottom has a lace on it. Love the detailing.

Oh, don't worry, I didn't go to church nekked this morning! I did find something..LOL!

Tonight I'm not going to bed hungry. Darn it!! Will starve tomorrow for sure!!

image enlargement

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-04-2013 - 6:32pm

Love the jacket Donna,
Very cute & I can see the lace!

I did get my dress today ..
It's a bit too short for me I think ::sigh:: .. maybe tight but that I can deal with, LOL
Have a feeling I will be sending it back
Will try it on for DH tonight or tomorrow night first :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-05-2013 - 1:32am

Oh, darn, that's too bad your dress is too short! Maybe not so much though? Hope your dh thinks it's good.

From helping my DD1 out tonight, we had to miss my dgd's choir concert. Sometimes I wish I could clone myself!! I need two of me!! Hmmm..maybe not such a good idea..lol!

So, tired, will catch up more tomorrow. We'll be running around most of tomorrow, too, though, and all day Wednesday too!! Looking forward to doing nothing at all Thursday!!

Now we're having to add looking for a new washing machine tomorrow. Ughh..hate buying things like that!! I don't want one of the newer super duper fancy highly expensive front loading type that you also have to buy special more expensive soap for. I just want another traditional top loader Whirlpool!! I don't want to have to buy a dryer either just so they'll match. My dryer is not broken, only the washer. Saw where you're having to buy a dryer. Poor us. lol

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-05-2013 - 6:42pm

Did you look for washers today Donna?
Our dryer just needing repairing which it was today & now works, thank goodness.

DH likes the dress but haven't decided what I will do.
Does gold as in sandals go with brownish/beige?

Hope you had a good day & not too tiring

We had snow this morning ::gasp::
Now just very cold & windy :(
DH is suppose to go out of town early Wednesday morning .. hoping he can :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-06-2013 - 12:34am

Oh, good, nice your dryer only needed a repair! Yes, we bought a new set of washer and dryer today. They'll deliver and install them Thursday. It's a top loading Whirlpool just what I wanted. It's my very first set of white color as I had almond and then bisque before. Looks so generic..lol!

Good your dh likes the dress and hope you grow to like it too. Yes, gold sandals would work I think, although I'd prefer brushed gold rather than shiny gold; but that's just personal taste, either would work. Brown leather would work, too, if it's the right shade of brown. I'd better get going on ordering new shoes for my outfit too!

Darn on you getting snow! I thought both of us were finished with that stuff!! Hope it melts fast and hope your dh makes his out of town trip!! Ours is almost all melted away. Temps going up to low 60's starting tomorrow..nice!

We had another busy all day kind of day today and will be tomorrow too. We're ready for a day off!! I'd better get to bed now as our day starts early on the other side of town. Sweet dreams and have a good day tomorrow!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-06-2013 - 8:44pm

Nice on the new washer & dryer Donna & the color <g>
Just think you'll be doing laundry again soon <wink>

Have decided not to keep the dress
If I don't feel comfy in it I won't wear it & that would be wasted monies.

Most of our snow is melting/melted, YaY!
Onto some nice temps this week

DH out of town til late friday night so went to eat with my friend

Don't forget AW this Sunday :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-07-2013 - 12:59am

AW is on my calendar and on my FB wall and I've been thinking about it, but that's no guarantee I'll remember to turn it on..lol! I'm so used to dh and I watching movies evenings, I may not think about AW. If I forget, I'll catch it on their website.

Sounds like a smart decision on the dress. You're right, if you don't really like it a lot, you won't wear it. I'm having second thoughts about my outfit for convention. I love the outfit, but it's white, or mostly white anyway!! The fashion ediquette cops might come and get me and haul me off!! lol! Besides, a darker color might make me look even thinner on stage. Still deciding.

Good your dh was able to get out of town and good the S is melting!

Need to get to bed early now, really tired and the washer-dryer come from 8am - noon. So, we'll get up early for their arrival and they'll probably show up 5 minutes before noon!!

Did you read the latest Help update? OMG!!!!

http://www.ivillage.com/forums/ivillage-women/around-ivillage/ivillage-help/ivillage-help/latest-update-3-4-13#new

Photobucket

Pages