ComForT FooDs .. What Are YouRs ?

Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
ComForT FooDs .. What Are YouRs ?
54
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 12:07am

We all have them ..
What are they ?
When do you like to eat those certain comfort foods?

Let our *inquiring minds* know as always :)




iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 4:01pm
not that often.
I switch to other things a lot.
Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 4:03pm
neverstopping wrote:
hugss wrote:
neverstopping wrote:

Bread!!! I always go for the bread and if it's good crusty French or Italian bread with real butter, oh, my, so very good!!!

I also like soups for comfort.

Pb&j

Mashed potatoes and with gravy is even better.

Pasta or noodles.

Chicken & noodles.

I used to like Saltines & butter, but I don't do that anymore.

There seems to be a carb pattern here..lol!!

Do you keep real butter in the house Donna?
Carb pattern is right, LOL
Maybe better than sweets/chocolate?
How often do you have these yummy comfort foods?
Hmmm .. interesting :)

No, I don't keep real butter in the house.
I will eat it in restaurants, though,




iVillage Member
Registered: 03-08-2005
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 4:16pm
hugss wrote:
veercan2005 wrote:

We do the comfort foods in the winter here. rich hearty foods.

roasts(beef and pork...sometimes deer), stews...chicken, turkey, beef), chili`s(winter and summer), goulash, hamberger stews, cheesy potatoes, creamed salads, creamed soups, pork chops, pies and cakes. heavy and hot foods maily...gravy too

In the summer it ia alost everything grilled to keep the heat out. we do a lot of outdoor cooking too

These sound yummy glenda,
What kind of creamed soups ?

Photobucket
Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 4:18pm
veercan2005 wrote:
hugss wrote:
veercan2005 wrote:

We do the comfort foods in the winter here. rich hearty foods.

roasts(beef and pork...sometimes deer), stews...chicken, turkey, beef), chili`s(winter and summer), goulash, hamberger stews, cheesy potatoes, creamed salads, creamed soups, pork chops, pies and cakes. heavy and hot foods maily...gravy too

In the summer it ia alost everything grilled to keep the heat out. we do a lot of outdoor cooking too

These sound yummy glenda,
What kind of creamed soups ?




Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 4:20pm
Sounds good :)




iVillage Member
Registered: 01-18-2003
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 4:22pm
hugss wrote:
gram2katnsam wrote:

Pasta Fagioli
Pasta and potatoes
stew
oatmeal

Photobucket
Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 4:25pm
gram2katnsam wrote:
hugss wrote:
gram2katnsam wrote:

Pasta Fagioli
Pasta and potatoes
stew
oatmeal




iVillage Member
Registered: 03-08-2005
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 4:26pm
hugss wrote:
veercan2005 wrote:
hugss wrote:
veercan2005 wrote:

We do the comfort foods in the winter here. rich hearty foods.

roasts(beef and pork...sometimes deer), stews...chicken, turkey, beef), chili`s(winter and summer), goulash, hamberger stews, cheesy potatoes, creamed salads, creamed soups, pork chops, pies and cakes. heavy and hot foods maily...gravy too

In the summer it ia alost everything grilled to keep the heat out. we do a lot of outdoor cooking too

These sound yummy glenda,
What kind of creamed soups ?

Photobucket
Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 4:30pm
veercan2005 wrote:
hugss wrote:
veercan2005 wrote:
hugss wrote:
veercan2005 wrote:

We do the comfort foods in the winter here. rich hearty foods.

roasts(beef and pork...sometimes deer), stews...chicken, turkey, beef), chili`s(winter and summer), goulash, hamberger stews, cheesy potatoes, creamed salads, creamed soups, pork chops, pies and cakes. heavy and hot foods maily...gravy too

In the summer it ia alost everything grilled to keep the heat out. we do a lot of outdoor cooking too

These sound yummy glenda,
What kind of creamed soups ?




iVillage Member
Registered: 03-08-2005
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 4:52pm
hugss wrote:
veercan2005 wrote:
hugss wrote:
veercan2005 wrote:
hugss wrote:
veercan2005 wrote:

We do the comfort foods in the winter here. rich hearty foods.

roasts(beef and pork...sometimes deer), stews...chicken, turkey, beef), chili`s(winter and summer), goulash, hamberger stews, cheesy potatoes, creamed salads, creamed soups, pork chops, pies and cakes. heavy and hot foods maily...gravy too

In the summer it ia alost everything grilled to keep the heat out. we do a lot of outdoor cooking too

These sound yummy glenda,
What kind of creamed soups ?

Photobucket